Idea For Pedalboard-design?
mhskeide
Feb 1 2010, 01:03 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Hi guys

I am finally about to start gigging with my surf rock band, and I`m planning to build me a pedalboard. At the same time, we`re reducing a four man punkrock band to a trio, which means I need to expand my sound as a bass player a little.

I would like to build the board myself because I work at a shop which gives me nice prices on most of the material, and I think that the "complete" pedalboards you can buy for 5 pedals or more are way too expensive.

The main idea is that it must be easy to change the pedals, since I will use the same board both for bass and guitar gigs, and I will not build it large enough to contain both sets of pedals at once tongue.gif Though, some of the pedals (such as tuner etc.) will be used for both instruments.

Does anybody has some drawings or such I can borrow some ideas from? It doesn`t need to be built like a tanks since I won`t be tossing it from high buildings or so, but It must be solid enoiugh to transport at least wink.gif
While I`m at it, are there some things I should be very attentive on? Like powersupply, AC/DC or whatever?

-Magnus

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:45 AM