Yo Onityan Technical Difficulties Racer X
Todd Simpson
Dec 16 2016, 09:31 PM
GMC:er
This song has become the "Party Piece" as the Brits would say smile.gif In other words, the things you whip out to sorta show off just a pinch and impress folks. Of course, not everyone is impressed by Racer X or Paul Gilberts early work. I, for one, am impressed by Racer X and Pauls early work smile.gif Here is YO ONITYAN, a Japanese guitar guy and his Japanese/American pal from L.A. doing both parts and killing it I must say. This song is just way hard to play and play well. I"ve heard many folks just ruin it by trying to play it way before they were ready to take it on. I appreciate the reach, but folks making vids of this tune should have pals watch and grade them before releasing imho. These two, don't need that. They nailed it.

*PICKING CLINIC - Watch the lack of hand wag, and articulation from the fingers/wrist and not from the elbow. Nice.
*TIMING CLINIC - Watch the tight right/left hand synch of each player and synch between the players. Double Nice

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 16 2016, 09:33 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 17 2016, 08:29 AM
Learning Roadie
They are some efficient fingers right there, and so relaxed about it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 17 2016, 09:11 PM
Making it look easy smile.gif You know what they say "True Skill is effortless"

Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 17 2016, 03:29 AM) *

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 17 2016, 09:36 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 17 2016, 07:29 AM) *

For this style, keeping hands/muscles relaxed is actually the key to being able to play better. One can get tired pretty quickly or even hurt him/herself with the wrong kind of focus.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 19 2016, 10:50 AM
Instructor
That's a really crazy stuff. Those, who know me a little longer, already now I'm a huge fan of Gilbert's work. That song is one of his "holy grails" smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 19 2016, 11:25 PM
Well said smile.gif It's one of his best bits of work. Playing it requires quite a bit of work and prep. It's a bit of a milestone in playing.

Todd
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 19 2016, 05:50 AM) *
That's a really crazy stuff. Those, who know me a little longer, already now I'm a huge fan of Gilbert's work. That song is one of his "holy grails" smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 20 2016, 08:54 AM
Learning Roadie
Even at a slow pace it's great for getting your alt picking sorted out!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 20 2016, 07:29 PM
Well said! At ANY speed, this piece will help you sort your picking.

Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 20 2016, 03:54 AM) *
Even at a slow pace it's great for getting your alt picking sorted out!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:03 PM