Experimental Guitar Tones
Taka Perry
Aug 9 2013, 09:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys,

Ever since I have begun using my guitar with computers and software plugins, I've realised that there are so many tonal possibilities for guitar, even beyond what we'd normally call as a 'guitar sound'. Basically, I'm talking about really going out of the normal and creating non-guitar like sounds with a guitar. I understand this kind of stuff won't be everybody's cup of tea, but I did a bit of experimentation with guitar sounds. Here is what I came up with:

https://soundcloud.com/taka-perry/sketch-2

Has anyone else got some 'different' guitar tones so far? What are your thoughts about this topic?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 9 2013, 02:11 PM
Instructor
I feel like stoned while listening to this biggrin.gif But liek that mood smile.gif Had some fun with weird sounds too smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2013, 02:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Taka, thanks for sharing this tune. I really like it, I listened to it 3 times and still want to continue playing it. It sounds fresh, musical and original. I think that you should continue exploring in this direction.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 9 2013, 02:55 PM
GMC:er
BINGO!! smile.gif Spiff eh? Thats part of what I Love about emulators and plugins. Being able to create way out there tones that don't even sound like a guitar.

Here is a cosmin collab where I used a nearly synth like guitar tone in the first bit. Wads of fx as well reverb/chorus/delay/octaver/detune/compressor/etc.

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Aug 9 2013, 04:42 AM) *
Hey guys,

Ever since I have begun using my guitar with computers and software plugins, I've realised that there are so many tonal possibilities for guitar, even beyond what we'd normally call as a 'guitar sound'. Basically, I'm talking about really going out of the normal and creating non-guitar like sounds with a guitar. I understand this kind of stuff won't be everybody's cup of tea, but I did a bit of experimentation with guitar sounds. Here is what I came up with:

https://soundcloud.com/taka-perry/sketch-2

Has anyone else got some 'different' guitar tones so far? What are your thoughts about this topic?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:21 AM