> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Funk Rock Lesson - Rhythm & Solo, Lesson By Stephane Lucarelli
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Pai
Mar 18 2017, 09:34 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Funk Rock Lesson - Rhythm & Solo by Stephane Lucarelli

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 19 2017, 01:44 PM
GMC Founder
The first rhythm part was very enjoyable and spot on.

We can notice the solo section is more challenging for you, and at 00:32 we can here the first hesitation. This happens right before the solo starts, and is probably caused by you thinking something in the lines of "I have to concentrate now - solo section coming!"

I can't really spot any technical problems though, so I think you just have to spend some more time with the licks so you can play them with as much conviction as the rhythm part.

You get a 7 from me, keep it up!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 20 2017, 11:40 AM
Instructor
Hey there Pai!

There are two good things to notice as very first: Nice tone match and great to see your focusing on dynamics as well. For this kind of playing it really is ciritical.

Now as Kris spotted - therer are moments of hesitation visible for the listeners. First was around 0:32 second but right after then your solo line is still not confident. One or two notes were a little out of sync between both hands. Also seems that a pitch problem occur on the bend.

You need to be carefull with your vibrato - final notes is a good exmaple - you got it a little to high with it's pitch, and then added soft vibrato that made it feel even more out of pitch. Be carefull with this smile.gif

My general advice from the musical point of view is to respect the length of notes finishing licks. You tend to break teh mtoo early to focus on what happens next. It creates a feeling that licks do not "glue" well with each other. It's an important aspect to be fixed.

Aside from that it's nice performance and your work is giving you visible improvements smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 21 2017, 02:35 PM
Instructor
Hi Pai,

As Kris and Darius said, this is a good submit for this great lesson.

You have a good base, and now it's time to work on details in order to polish the whole thing. There are not really dramatic things to fix, but some more focus on specific things like vibrato, bending (there are some bends that aren't reaching the right pitch, for example the one at 00:56)

The rhythm part sounds good but I also note that there are some articulation (notes duration) differences that give it a different "feel" to the groove, and that makes it connect less with the backing track. This can be also applicable to some melodic parts.

So to summarize, I would review each lick focusing on these elements:

- Articulation and timing
- Bending and Vibrato

Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 22 2017, 11:29 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:26 PM