Bullet For My Valentine
Socky42
Jan 16 2013, 08:04 PM
GMC:er

What do you guys think of their 'new' sound?

I'm a bit torn, on one hand they're catchy as **** at times...

Obviously these two songs are the 'radio-friendly' songs from their new album, making it a bit too early to judge. But it just seems a bit meh, and I can't be the only one that thinks the solo in 'Riot' is terrible >.>

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
VilleFIN
Jan 16 2013, 08:13 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jan 16 2013, 11:04 PM) *
Obviously these two songs are the 'radio-friendly' songs from their new album, making it a bit too early to judge. But it just seems a bit meh, and I can't be the only one that thinks the solo in 'Riot' is terrible >.>

Well looks like they've simplified their music. A lot.
And Matt looks like Billie Joe.

Also these videos are horrible. For the American audience perhaps... dry.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jan 16 2013, 08:20 PM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 16 2013, 08:48 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jan 16 2013, 08:13 PM) *

+1

I could only watch the second video (copyright issues in Germany -.- ) and I thought it was awfull. The solo seemed totally out of place, on the other hand it was the only thing that sounded like the "old" BFMV.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 16 2013, 09:36 PM
Instructor
hehehe I saw Riot video this morning and I was going to post it here with a tittle that would say: "Fans disappointed" biggrin.gif I love their album "The Poison", I can't consider myself a fan so I don't feel disappointed but sincerely I didn't find funny to hear their last albums...

I liked Gitarrero's comments, and that's the reason why I don't add shred solos into my band's songs! Alternative Rock Songs + Shred Solo aren't a cool combination... at least for me. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 16 2013, 09:43 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'm glad you think that way and keep the shred out of Cirse biggrin.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 16 2013, 10:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 16 2013, 05:43 PM) *
I'm glad you think that way and keep the shred out of Cirse biggrin.gif

But well, then I can't stop shredding in the Vchats... laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jan 17 2013, 12:21 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've been fairly disappointed.

Not to sound like one of those fans that always say, "the first album was the best" but really, The Poison was the album that brought me to the metalcore style that I love today.

When they were recording this album I read an interview somewhere that had either Matt or Moose saying that this album was far more like The Poison than Scream Aim Fire or Fever.

Now that being said it's not what I was expecting but it's not bad. It's far more simplified but I guess it's catchy.

A big problem I think with these two songs are how they were recorded. Matt got the guys to record it like he recorded the Axewound album. No prewritten material. They just got into the studio and jammed.

While thats not bad I don't think it allowed them to be as technical and in your face as they usually are.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Yash
Jan 17 2013, 08:46 PM
Alright... this was a shocker, but WHY THE HELL DID MATT TUCK CUT HIS HAIR ?????? mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Next, the music, as always, catchy, super catchy. But, less complicated, less METALCORE... and most importantly... No screaming sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif what happened ??? But, the chorus of temper temper was awesome, and stuck in my head laugh.gif And, I heard it for the second time today. But, no solo... sad.gif sad.gif

Next, Riot, not really a good song, but, had a solo laugh.gif which was OK OK.. I guess laugh.gif But, disappointing. As a die-hard hardcore fan considering Matt Tuck ''one of the awesome 4 look upto him as a semi-god fanboy (the other 3 being Dave Mustaine ((THE GOD biggrin.gif ) Alexi Laiho, and our very own Cosmin Lupu biggrin.gif tongue.gif '' I am really disappointed. I mean, no screaming and no solos.... come on, thats nothing like The Poison.

Maybe, Matt is too much on getting that 'We're a hard rock band with Metal influences' thing. They better get the metalcore back in the act, or, guess we have another Linkin Park coming up tongue.gif Seriously, bands should stop thinking about impressing the mainstream, because for them, there's not much difference between Hard Rock and Heavy Metal, if any. (That's what my friends say, when I am listening to either Bullet or Welcome to the Jungle, they think its the same song tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif ) So, the bands should think of their 'Real' fans, instead of getting a new fan base.

QUOTE (WeePee @ Jan 16 2013, 11:13 PM) *
Well looks like they've simplified their music. A lot.

Also these videos are horrible. For the American audience perhaps... dry.gif

+2 Matt looks like Billie Joe. Bad idea Matt mad.gif mad.gif I here, against everyone am letting mine hair grow, and one of my hair idols gets his cut dry.gif great.... what could be better dry.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 16 2013, 11:48 PM) *
+1

I could only watch the second video (copyright issues in Germany -.- ) and I thought it was awfull. The solo seemed totally out of place, on the other hand it was the only thing that sounded like the "old" BFMV.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 17 2013, 01:35 AM) *
But well, then I can't stop shredding in the Vchats... laugh.gif

And, don't stop biggrin.gif We love it

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jan 17 2013, 03:21 AM) *
I've been fairly disappointed.

Not to sound like one of those fans that always say, "the first album was the best" but really, The Poison was the album that brought me to the metalcore style that I love today.

When they were recording this album I read an interview somewhere that had either Matt or Moose saying that this album was far more like The Poison than Scream Aim Fire or Fever.

Now that being said it's not what I was expecting but it's not bad. It's far more simplified but I guess it's catchy.

A big problem I think with these two songs are how they were recorded. Matt got the guys to record it like he recorded the Axewound album. No prewritten material. They just got into the studio and jammed.

While thats not bad I don't think it allowed them to be as technical and in your face as they usually are.

Nice post Trey. I think all three of their albums had their 'own' character in them, even though they said Fever will be similar to The Poison, it was still, Fever laugh.gif I really love The Poison and think its a classic. The screaming, dual guitar play and solos between Matt and Padge, just love it all biggrin.gif

And, it would have been way better if he got them record with pre-written material and if more work was put in. I mean, come on, riffs you expect would be harmonized in a Bullet song were not sad.gif Really disappointing mad.gif mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 17 2013, 09:14 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
You have a hair idol???

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 17 2013, 11:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Somehow i've never actually listened to these guys before, so ive got nothing to really compare this stuff to. But I thought they sounded I little bit different to this! Didn't really like Riot. (Gema says im not allowed to watch the other vid) Not really up my alley. It kinda sounds theve lost their direction a little bit though. and that solo just doesn't fit in my opinion. ohmy.gif
May have to look into their back catalog, as every one seems a little disapointed of the new stuff

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 18 2013, 01:50 AM
Egad!!! Sounds like the record label was leaning on them to sell more units/cds/mp3? Maybe they are going to push for more Radio play? Guitars sound and overall sound seems much less polished than before, but maybe they want the "Garage Vibe?", Maybe they wish they were Green Day?

Todd
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jan 16 2013, 02:04 PM) *

What do you guys think of their 'new' sound?

I'm a bit torn, on one hand they're catchy as **** at times...

+Quote Post
eLeCtRoFrEaK0036
Jan 18 2013, 01:57 AM
hah I'm probably the only one in this forum that actually likes "Riot". I know it's different from their original style that they usually play, but I like it! That kinda soloing is what I'm into so that's probably why, idk...

--------------------
Follow me on Twitter
Visit My Website
Please like my Facebook page
Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

There's only room for improvement. Never give up on what you love!
#TheWorldisYours

-IsiahDrew

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2013, 04:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 17 2013, 09:50 PM) *
Egad!!! Sounds like the record label was leaning on them to sell more units/cds/mp3? Maybe they are going to push for more Radio play? Guitars sound and overall sound seems much less polished than before, but maybe they want the "Garage Vibe?", Maybe they wish they were Green Day?

Todd

I don't believe that a label can define the new sound of a band... even I think that these type of changes usually makes the bands sell less albums so the accusation of people saying "they did it to sell more albums" is not really true. Metal bands know that the more metal they sound the more albums they sell and the softer they sound, the less albums they sell. So I really believe that in most of the cases this is the music that the musicians want to do...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jan 19 2013, 08:15 AM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 18 2013, 12:14 AM) *
You have a hair idol???

Yes, Dave Mustaine, Alexi Laiho and Matt Tuck. Oh, and Jay James' old hairstyle too.
And, I also like Chris Broderick and Shawn Drover's hair too. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 18 2013, 04:50 AM) *

Todd

Agreed.... garage vibe. or, they wish they were Green Day, no denying Matt looks a lot like Billie Joe now, and he has one hell of an awesome voice biggrin.gif Not that I am a fan of Billie Joe's voice dry.gif But... he's OK.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 19 2013, 07:42 AM) *
I don't believe that a label can define the new sound of a band... even I think that these type of changes usually makes the bands sell less albums so the accusation of people saying "they did it to sell more albums" is not really true. Metal bands know that the more metal they sound the more albums they sell and the softer they sound, the less albums they sell. So I really believe that in most of the cases this is the music that the musicians want to do...

Well, sometimes they can, sometimes they can't. But really, Matt is too much on that 'We're a hard rock band with Metal influences thing' dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Feb 8 2013, 08:34 PM
Tone Seeker
New album stream if you like to hear the songs before hand.

http://smarturl.it/ttstream?iqid=fb3

Edit after listening: Not bad but I expect something better/different... dry.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Feb 8 2013, 08:42 PM

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 9 2013, 02:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Yikes. Awful lyrics and that solo stuck out like a sore thumb

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 9 2013, 07:53 PM
Instructor
I've been thinking this for ages but am I the only one who thinks that 'Temper Temper' is THE campest song title ever ??

I generally have only ever heard that phrase when people use it to mock someone who's lost their temper, always in a camp, feminine voice.. just imagine Graham Norton or Alan Carr saying it and you get the idea..

They may as well have called it 'Ooh, get you, sister' or 'I've broken a fingernail !' tongue.gif

Can't believe that I haven't seen one person anywhere on any social media who's mocked that title yet..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:27 AM