Mini Pedals
klasaine
Sep 23 2013, 06:00 PM
GMC:er
Any of you guys personally use and like any of the mini pedals?
Here's a size example ... http://www.mooeraudio.com/en/Product.asp?PClassID=25

I'm looking for an OD, lower gain preferably (but not clean boost) with at least a tone control. I don't care about the brand.
I just need to put a very small 'carry-on' pedal board together. Guitar will be a Tele and amps will be backline and probably vary quite a bit.

Thanks! - KL

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2013, 08:25 PM
Instructor
I've never used them but i heard good things about these pedals. I can recommend Joyo Vintage Overdrive if you are looking for a cheap, good sounding overdrive.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 23 2013, 11:01 PM
I need 'small' due to severe space restrictions.
I have plenty of great ODs but I'm just curious if any of you guys have and use a micro sized overdrive ... and actually like it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 23 2013, 11:18 PM
Instructor
To be honest I'm pretty close to the same idea but instead of searching for little stomp boxes, I'll try to design the switch board with a few effects built-in and rest of switches for midi control. Sometimes I just can't handle my regular board when the band is bigger and the stage...usually too small smile.gif

As for overdrives...not much expirience...any try of stomp distortion ends up with removing it and going back to the amp regular distortion.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 23 2013, 11:30 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 23 2013, 03:18 PM) *
As for overdrives...not much expirience...any try of stomp distortion ends up with removing it and going back to the amp regular distortion.

Amp distortion is not an option for this. I primarily need a good clean tone. Fender DRs and Twins are my backline amps (single ch amps).
Just looking for light drive on a couple of solos.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 24 2013, 12:55 AM
Thats the very pedal I was going to suggest smile.gif It's a very cool little pedal. I've owned one and for the size/price it's tought to beat. You will need a power supply but that shouldn't be a problem as your building a board. It sounds like a moded tube sreamer IMHO. Very flexible and lots of tone control. All around a fine unit.

Todd

['''''

quote name='klasaine' date='Sep 23 2013, 01:00 PM' post='659457']
Any of you guys personally use and like any of the mini pedals?
Here's a size example ... http://www.mooeraudio.com/en/Product.asp?PClassID=25

I'm looking for an OD, lower gain preferably (but not clean boost) with at least a tone control. I don't care about the brand.
I just need to put a very small 'carry-on' pedal board together. Guitar will be a Tele and amps will be backline and probably vary quite a bit.

Thanks! - KL
[/quote]

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 24 2013, 01:37 AM
I'll be using a power supply (T-Rex fuel tank jr.) so no battery issues.

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Sep 24 2013, 10:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
They're pretty affordable too.. The DI box looks nice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 24 2013, 02:30 PM
Instructor
I get it Ken! In fact the reasons are different - I don;t like Fender's dist channels, but simialar situaion. As I understand You need a completely independent floor rig also for a situation when You have to use an amp that's borrowed/ already on stage and similar?

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 24 2013, 03:16 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 24 2013, 06:30 AM) *
I get it Ken! In fact the reasons are different - I don;t like Fender's dist channels, but simialar situaion. As I understand You need a completely independent floor rig also for a situation when You have to use an amp that's borrowed/ already on stage and similar?

Partly, yes.
The gig is primarily a 'clean' toned affair. I use delay and a volume pedal a lot and play mostly rhythm/accompaniment. There are a few songs that have solos and I need a bit of overdrive with some volume boost for those.
The main issue is space. This board has to fit into a small, 'carry-on' (as in carry on to an airplane cabin) bag. *With my clothes for one or two days and an electric guitar over my shoulder. I can do it if I can find an acceptable mini OD.

*So far these two are in the running ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JifhwkLw6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjZHi9aMENo

Both of them are lower to medium gain and they'll clean up when I back my guitar's volume down.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 26 2013, 08:15 PM
Update:

I did find a compact compressor (that I also need for that 'mini' board).
Xotic SP comp ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9N2lsC8fL0

Still looking for the right OD.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 27 2013, 03:11 AM
You didn't like the MOOER Green Mile OD? I thought that was the one you were considering? I loved it. LIke a tube screamer but with more options and and range.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 26 2013, 03:15 PM) *
Update:

I did find a compact compressor (that I also need for that 'mini' board).
Xotic SP comp ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9N2lsC8fL0

Still looking for the right OD.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 27 2013, 03:43 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 26 2013, 07:11 PM) *
You didn't like the MOOER Green Mile OD? I thought that was the one you were considering? I loved it. LIke a tube screamer but with more options and and range.

I don't know yet. The Green Mile is certainly a contender. There's a shop near here that I 'think' has the complete line of Mooer pedals. I just need to get over there.
Their Rumble Drive (on video) seems to be more of what I'm looking for. A little darker, retains more low end and cleans up nice when the guitar volume is rolled back.
We'll see. If I can try before I buy, all the better.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Sep 27 2013, 03:44 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 27 2013, 04:30 AM
Ahh, Gotcha smile.gif Sounds like plan!! Always try before you buy. I have not personally put my hands on the rumble drive but it sounds perfect for what your talking about.

[Yquote name='klasaine' date='Sep 26 2013, 10:43 PM' post='659938']
I don't know yet. The Green Mile is certainly a contender. There's a shop near here that I 'think' has the complete line of Mooer pedals. I just need to get over there.
Their Rumble Drive (on video) seems to be more of what I'm looking for. A little darker, retains more low end and cleans up nice when the guitar volume is rolled back.
[/quote]

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 27 2013, 05:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 26 2013, 11:43 PM) *

If you can try them, go for it. It's the best way to be sure of buying the right pedal.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 28 2013, 12:04 AM
Was able to check them out today.
Settled on this one, the 'Blues Mood' - http://www.mooeraudio.com/en/ProductInfo.asp?id=56

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 28 2013, 12:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 27 2013, 02:43 AM) *

so we have similar needs. Your sentense says it all. Many of dist pedal fall out of my consideration because of how the act on high colume and while using vol knob of the guitar. Usually vol roll off ended with "chewing gum" effect and at the high volume the 2500 Hz and around became more annoying. I had Radial (speak of canadians in other topic smile.gif ) Hot British and it was very close to real amp behavior. Also tested some RAT or Crunch Box....but it's all warm sort of Distortion + tone - good until You touch the guit vol knob :/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 28 2013, 01:27 PM
Instructor
Hey Ken - I don't know if it's mini enough, but it sure is a great OD pedal - The Suhr Shiba Drive - have you ever tried it?

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 28 2013, 04:11 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 28 2013, 05:27 AM) *
Hey Ken - I don't know if it's mini enough, but it sure is a great OD pedal - The Suhr Shiba Drive - have you ever tried it?

I have a Suhr 'Riot' (and I'd like a Shiba) so I know the quality of those pedals but alas ... too big for what I need.
The ironic thing is that I'm an overdrive junkie. I have more crap than anybody needs but I didn't, (until yesterday), have one of those little 'micro' OD pedals.
I'll take a picture of the size of the board when it's put together.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Sep 28 2013, 04:12 PM

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 29 2013, 01:46 AM
Here's the size.
Power supply is under the tuner.

Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by klasaine: Sep 29 2013, 01:47 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:13 PM