String Winder Saving My Fingers!
Todd Simpson
Aug 20 2014, 08:54 PM
GMC:er
This is one of the best purchases I ever made. It's a small cordless drill that rests on it's charging station. I got an adapter that fits on string winders and it can wind or unwind strings all the way up or down in a flash. These run about $30. Save your fingers and get one!!!

Attached Image

I recently used this to put on what are now my FAVE STRINGS EVER!!!!! I've not used these until now. But WOW!!!!!!!

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 20 2014, 08:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 21 2014, 11:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 20 2014, 09:54 PM) *
This is one of the best purchases I ever made. It's a small cordless drill that rests on it's charging station. I got an adapter that fits on string winders and it can wind or unwind strings all the way up or down in a flash. These run about $30. Save your fingers and get one!!!

Attached Image

I recently used this to put on what are now my FAVE STRINGS EVER!!!!! I've not used these until now. But WOW!!!!!!!

Attached Image

Were those the one you used for the drop C? I'd have thought they would become EXTREMELY slinky!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Spock
Aug 21 2014, 07:09 PM
My vision of Hell would be an eternity of putting strings on guitars.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 21 2014, 10:44 PM
Nope! I had a much heavier pair on. The guitar would NOT tune to standard with the heavy strings. So I swapped for 8s to try them. It tuned up perfectly and I was able to lower the action more than any guitar I've ever owned.

I've played guitars that cost more than a new car and none of them has had the effortless smoothness and playability of this guitar with 8s on it. The neck is perfectly straight with ZERO bow in it which I've never even seen before.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 21 2014, 06:27 AM) *
Were those the one you used for the drop C? I'd have thought they would become EXTREMELY slinky!

I hear ya!!! Thanksfully, a power drill makes it a walk in the park!

QUOTE (Spock @ Aug 21 2014, 02:09 PM) *
My vision of Hell would be an eternity of putting strings on guitars.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:20 AM