2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Should I Excited About My New Guitar?, I spent scholarship money on it, and I had a dream about it :P
jstcrsn
Mar 20 2012, 10:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
if it feels good, that is all that matters
if you need it to sound better, put an after market pup in it and you will be set

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 21 2012, 12:35 AM
GMC:er
Looks like a really nice axe and a sounds like you paid a fair price, well done! I've never regretted adding instruments to my collection. I've only ever regretted selling them!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
TuckerG
Mar 21 2012, 10:34 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (WeePee @ Mar 19 2012, 03:35 PM) *
I used to have the exact same guitar (it can be seen on my early youtube vids). I had to sell my KH 602 and I bought mh-50 for 150 euros.

Well it's really low end guitar. You can get started with it but I would recommend at least 300/400 models. 50 - models are the cheapest of Esp/ Ltd series.

Haha, yea I have already seen a few of those higher end models, and gosh they are nice biggrin.gif Thanks for the advice man smile.gif

QUOTE (derper @ Mar 19 2012, 05:45 PM) *
Congrats!! If you love the guitar, then that's really what you're after! In my opinion, when you "need" to upgrade....you'll know it! wink.gif Just keep practicing, and get out and play other guitars occasionally.

Regarding the setup, I personally discourage most people to attempt to modify at all. I feel that for a correct setup, there are so many factors working together, and without proper tools and training....you stand to fix one thing, but throw off a bunch of other things you may not notice at the time because you're so excited about the low string height, etc. BUT, some people disagree with my opinion on that, and feel that many are capable of doing a decent setup with the proper instructions. That's opinion.....but a PROPER setup is fact. It's science. It's intonation.

laugh.gif
So....enjoy your new guitar, and that "new gear HIGH"!! (My bandmates and I sing a little tune they put together, every time one of use gets some new gear. tongue.gif )

Haha, the "new gear high" is so great man lol! biggrin.gif I I used to be cool about that kind of thing, you know, not really let anyone know I was excited and diminish my bluff... biggrin.gif Now I don't care so much, I'm a dork on the inside, always have been haha! I like anything that is positive and makes me excited like a kid with a new transformer. biggrin.gif LOL Yea, I watched you tube videos, sanded the frets, shimmied the neck, and I would guess about 2 or maybe 3 more tweaks it will be so unplayable I will use the purposely set back $150.00 to take it to a professional. But no force on planet earth will force me to go against human nature...LMAO biggrin.gif Thanks for real man

QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Mar 19 2012, 08:34 PM) *
You payed a good price for it! It's a good sounding guitar made of mahogany and has a through neck! It is as close to LP you will get for this money! Also what I like about LTD you can add some upgrades and make it even better!
Congrats man! I think you got a sweet deal!

Ah man Alex, thanks!! biggrin.gif Haha, I'm so excited about it even a week later!:D Even though it isn't a super high end setup, in the excitement of getting it, I am so motivated to learn more, play more, etc, haha. It's like when someone has their first baby, its the best looking kid on the planet, lol... Thanks for commenting Alex smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:10 PM