Why Do You Play?
Sergeant_Ant
Aug 17 2007, 01:27 PM
GMC:er
What makes you want to keep learning and gettin better? Some people want to be in a band, some people feel its a way to show their emotion, some people wanna impress girls (or guys) what drives you?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Xranthoius
Aug 17 2007, 01:29 PM
hmm... i never really thought about that. I really have no idea... I would love to play onstage like on like MTV... i wish dry.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 17 2007, 01:47 PM
For me, it's a feeling of superiority. Not feeling better than other people, but feeling like I make a difference, or I'm there for a reason.

That, and playing on stage with over a hundred people watching me seems like a dream come true.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 17 2007, 01:52 PM
Learning Roadie
By saying one thing, I'd be saying that I don't want to, for example, impress girls, be rich, etc. I do tongue.gif

But mostly I play because I simply enjoy it, cause I sure as hell ain't getting rich from it yet.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 17 2007, 01:57 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 17 2007, 01:52 PM) *
By saying one thing, I'd be saying that I don't want to, for example, impress girls, be rich, etc. I do tongue.gif

But mostly I play because I simply enjoy it, cause I sure as hell ain't getting rich from it yet.

Wishful thinking? laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 17 2007, 01:59 PM
I play for lots of reasons, my number 1 probably is there is no better feeling than picking up a git and slinging and strap over your sholder putting a pick in your hand and laying your fingers over some nickle wounds and then hearing music, nothing better smile.gif. I want to make a life out of it.. but its hard to find work in music nowdays!.

This post has been edited by Smikey2006: Aug 17 2007, 01:59 PM

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 17 2007, 02:04 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ayen @ Aug 17 2007, 12:57 AM) *
Wishful thinking? laugh.gif

Arrogance can take you far, I have learned laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 17 2007, 02:12 PM
Hmm Interesting Question. My answer would be: I want to master something in life, and to be able to enjoy it once done, to influence and inspire other people to do the same thing.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 17 2007, 02:18 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 17 2007, 02:04 PM) *
Arrogance can take you far, I have learned laugh.gif

So can persistence, keep it up and I'm sure you'll be making millions someday.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Otto
Aug 17 2007, 02:23 PM
Easy question simple answear: guitar

blink.gif

Its love its feeling its alive

+Quote Post
Hungus
Aug 17 2007, 03:05 PM
Because riggy jiggys are one of the best sounds in the world.....

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 17 2007, 04:10 PM
There's all kinds of reasons why i play. smile.gif I enjoy it so much it's like a passion or art that only some poeple are talented enough to do.It's the only thing i have really ever been good at.I enjoy being able to play and get envolved with the music i listen to.Started out as a realy fun thing to do with my friends,then as time goes we grew apart and moved are own ways as it always happens.

Biggest reason why i countiue to learn now is ofcourse that i still have fun with it, and for my son. smile.gif He's 1 and i have high hopes that he will let me teach him when he is at an age to learn.I want to learn everything i can to prepare him and teach him.What a bond that would be to share somthing with your child you love and can always have something to relate with each other.My dream has went from myself making it to building my son with the skills to make it and out play me one day. cool.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 17 2007, 08:45 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 17 2007, 11:10 AM) *
Biggest reason why i countiue to learn now is ofcourse that i still have fun with it, and for my son. smile.gif He's 1 and i have high hopes that he will let me teach him when he is at an age to learn.I want to learn everything i can to prepare him and teach him.What a bond that would be to share somthing with your child you love and can always have something to relate with each other.My dream has went from myself making it to building my son with the skills to make it and out play me one day. cool.gif

That's pretty cool Dan, wish I had a son to teach smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 17 2007, 08:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sergeant_Ant @ Aug 17 2007, 02:27 PM) *
What makes you want to keep learning and gettin better? Some people want to be in a band, some people feel its a way to show their emotion, some people wanna impress girls (or guys) what drives you?

I started cause I had nothing else to do at that time smile.gif
Year after it took me that much so I'm professional musician for about 10 years.
Must say I feel really lucky for that. cool.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 17 2007, 08:58 PM
Instructor
Enjoying the power of creation? I guess that's for me - together with shredding and actually enjoying the things you can already do with guitar and working on getting better.

My goal number 2 is getting on big stage - best would be with symphonic metal band, but as a solo guitarist will also do the job. I played on a very small stage once...600 people in audience and i enjoyed it so much that i can't describe it in words. Seeing that people enjoy what you are playing and composing is the best thing that can happen to a musician! So i am working on building my road to my "holy goal"!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 17 2007, 09:11 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Why do i play?

Well i originnaly started to play as a way to help me deal with problems that i had early in life that were out of my hands. Instead doing what statistics said, Do drugs, commit crimes, and all that, i played the guitar, and listened to music.

Now that those problem are gone, i play because i just love it, i love the feel of an instrument of creation in my hands, i like the idea of maybe one day being in band and playing some great shows in front of people who enjoy my music. Playing Metal music is the funnest thing i can do, just listening to metal and going to shows i get this feeling of being part of something bigger than me, something worth living or even dying for. and when i play the guitar i feel more a part of it, im giving back to something that has already given me so much smile.gif

Ultimately the reason is simple....I love it.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Aug 17 2007, 09:12 PM

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 17 2007, 11:28 PM
Listen to the Song
Book of Heavy Metal by Dream Evil

My answer is in there biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 17 2007, 11:33 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
^ Add that to my original post as well

"Don't need no fancy house, no car or ugly wife"

That song is a classic biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 18 2007, 05:33 AM
because i hear all the great guitarists and want to be like them. Also, when i play with my band and we start rocking up the house it feels awsome

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Aug 18 2007, 05:40 AM
I ENJOY IT... if you dont like what you doing ( guitar in this case ) then dont do it... but if your me you just ENJOY AND LOVE IT!!!

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:58 PM