Speed Building
signularis
Aug 2 2007, 07:58 PM
GMC:er
Just from a curious stand point how long training did it take to building your speed im playing guitar for 9 months and its improving but i havent reach those shred songs and mostly if i play atab i mostly only can do it slowly at the start but hasve trouble to reach the original speed. How long do you guys practise from a tab and hit the original speed?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rvddps
Aug 2 2007, 08:17 PM
QUOTE (signularis @ Aug 2 2007, 07:58 PM) *
Just from a curious stand point how long training did it take to building your speed im playing guitar for 9 months and its improving but i havent reach those shred songs and mostly if i play atab i mostly only can do it slowly at the start but hasve trouble to reach the original speed. How long do you guys practise from a tab and hit the original speed?

It depends the song. I dont consider myself a fast player (yet dry.gif ) So i would suggest just keep going. Doing exercises are boring, but it will increase your accuracy and speed in the long run. It's all about repetition.

But remember, it will take a long time to get to be a good fast player. You can't do it within 9 months. It takes years and years of dedicated practice.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 2 2007, 08:19 PM
Learning Tone Master
It depends on the original speed, the difficulty of the lick and the technique.
If I'm used to the technique, then i have to memorize the lick/song, play it slowly 'till I can play it flawlessly.
Then I reach the original speed in no time...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 2 2007, 08:26 PM
QUOTE (signularis @ Aug 2 2007, 01:58 PM) *

i have been playing 11 months. decent at 160bpm, practicing at 200. I really don't want to go faster than 200, lazy. My original goal was to play Canon Rock (200bpm) within one year of starting, as well as JerryC. I still think I will accomplish that, one month to go.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 2 2007, 08:28 PM
Instructor
It takes time to build speed and precision. If it was so easy - every man in the world would have been an ultra shredder! smile.gif But it takes a lot of patience and dedication!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:45 AM