Thinkgeek
JVM
Mar 28 2009, 11:33 PM
Learning Roadie
I don't know how many of you are familiar with the website thinkgeek, but they have a lot of cool stuff there. Some cool items:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/car/ae12/

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive/8a5b/

some music stuff:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/music...struments/aa64/

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/music...struments/a02a/

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/af36/

that last link is especially interesting to me. I've never had a mixer, and it would seem like a nice thing to have a simple keyboard to make use of. What do you guys think of these?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JVM: Mar 28 2009, 11:34 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 29 2009, 01:22 AM
Instructor
hehehe Kaossilator is awesome laugh.gif I would definitely get that one to have some fun biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Now regarding those nano Korg kontrolers, they are cool, but based on some experience of mine, I rarely use faders on my controller. I think this is great for sound engineers that are mobile and need something with they laptop. Nice stuff for bringing on a trip or something. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 29 2009, 01:28 AM
Learning Roadie
The thing is, I don't really have any experience with that kind of device. Where does it fit in? Do you rout your live sound through your PC and mix it before its recorded, or does it help shape a recorded file?

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 29 2009, 01:50 AM
Instructor
With that MIDI controller you actually just control the software, nothing else. There are lots of possibilities (knobs&faders can be used for various functions), but not all controllers are good. Some have poor mapping software, so controlling DAW can be bigger job than using the mouse. When I mix I use channel by channel most of the time, so I'm not really sure how 8 faders would help there. Adjusting levels on all channels at the same time is something that is rarely been done, and it depends on lot of other things. So getting my hands off the mouse & keyboard and using these faders is not an optimal solution for me at least.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Mar 29 2009, 01:54 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 29 2009, 10:16 AM
GMC:er
Ive known about Think Geek for a while since I started watching Chris Pirillo on his youtube videos and live stream. I love there awesome LED lights in Think Geek. Im planning to buy one of those light up coasters too once I get a debit card.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 30 2009, 04:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Check this video out biggrin.gif I want one of these now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:21 AM