Motorhead, Dirty Metal
FretDancer69
Jun 20 2007, 02:12 AM
GMC:er

Ive never heard anyone talk or even mention Motorhead in this forum. Well, Motorhead is a British Heavy Metal band, formed in 1975 (yes, 32 years!). Lemmy, the Bass and Vocalist of the band prefers to name their band's genre simply as Rock N Roll.

The band's songs and lyrics talk mainly about Politics, war, sex, drugs, etc. They got very Heavy Metal Riffs and some Rock N Roll riffs aswell. During the 32 years, the band has had many band members, but the only Band member that has stayed with the band from the start is Lemmy, the founder.

During the 32 years they've released a total of 23 Albums. The latest album Kiss of Death, released on August 2006 (last year) is a very great album. They are a great band and they will keep rocking for many more years.

The Current Actual Members Are:

Lemmy - Bass & Vocals
Phil Campbell - Lead Guitar
Mikey Dee - Drums

These 3 dudes have been Motorhead since 1995.

Some Old & Recent Live Performances:

Ace of Spades Live 2006: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImrtZRrS70w
Overkill Live 2004: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cze-RcZMXE...ted&search=
Mean Machine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi0khDTAvoQ

Ill post more soon. Thanks for watching

You can visit the Official website here: http://www.imotorhead.com

so let discuss what u guys think.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jun 20 2007, 02:36 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
The Uncreator
Jun 20 2007, 04:40 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Lemmy owns, Motorhead is the F*****G S**t

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 20 2007, 05:10 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 19 2007, 09:40 PM) *
Lemmy owns, Motorhead is the F*****G S**t

hehe i knew that u liked motorhead! btw nice new sig wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 20 2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah of course i love motorhead! smile.gif

Thanks for the sig compliment biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 20 2007, 04:35 PM
Yea i agree, Motorhead is a really good band!
Exellent riffs!

Hey, good picture uncreator,
Is that an artwork you have made?

This post has been edited by Gen: Jun 20 2007, 04:38 PM

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 20 2007, 05:07 PM
Oh god no, when i draw stuff its usually just black and white, the person who drew that is my favrotie artist, Luis Royo.

+Quote Post
Owen
Jun 20 2007, 05:20 PM
Motorhead are brilliant, so much better than maiden just because Lemmy is so outrageous.

God Was Never On Your Side is such an iconic track.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 20 2007, 07:06 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Jun 20 2007, 10:20 AM) *
Motorhead are brilliant, so much better than maiden just because Lemmy is so outrageous.

God Was Never On Your Side is such an iconic track.

yea, but what do you guys think about their latest material Kiss of Death? ive just heard 1 track (Sucker) and i like it very much, what about the rest?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Jun 20 2007, 09:09 PM
God Was Never On Your Side is off the Kiss Of Death, but yeah its all faced paced good stuff!

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 21 2007, 01:41 AM
Motorhead, I think, was one of the earliest form of "thrash" metal. There a great band, never made a bad album, and thats something to live up to.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:11 AM