Eric Clapton Health Issues, Can Barely Play Guitar
Todd Simpson
Jul 22 2016, 08:20 PM
GMC:er
Sadly I"ve been reading bout Eric Clapton barely being able to play guitar. Mind you, I'm not a massive clapton fan and all, but I have great respect for his contribution to music and his long and varied career. It seems at age 71, he has "Peripheral Neuropathy" (I suffer from the same condition actually due to having broken my back twice) and he is having shooting pain in his limbs that limits his ability to play. sad.gif

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/e...-damage-to-his/

If you are a big fan, and hear about him doing a show, go and see him if you can. His condition is degenerative (as is mine) and he won't be able to play forever so it may be your last chance to see him live. I'm a bit younger thankfully so my neuropathy has a ways to go before it prevents me from playing, thank goodness.

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 23 2016, 09:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
That sucks. I always liked the stuff he done with Cream but its not been until the last few years as Ive tried to improve my own playing that I started listening to his solo material and I got a whole new respect for his playing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 24 2016, 12:07 AM
GMC:er
It's entirely awful to be sure sad.gif He is a bit of a legend, and to see it taken from him by something like this is saddening. The good news is that his legacy of work will probably outlive all of us smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 23 2016, 04:57 PM) *
That sucks. I always liked the stuff he done with Cream but its not been until the last few years as Ive tried to improve my own playing that I started listening to his solo material and I got a whole new respect for his playing.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 31 2016, 02:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
Never been much of a fan, to be honest, but I appreciate his contribution to the guitar scene.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:05 AM