2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Casual Militarism?
Todd Simpson
Nov 9 2014, 08:29 AM
GMC:er
Alaska is the wild west!! Or wild north! smile.gif We have 300 MILLION registered guns in this country and estimates are the same for unregistered weapons. Thats enough to give every Man, Woman and Child in the country a couple of guns each smile.gif

Our "Gun Culture" is so deeply ingrained it almost seems alien when we hear about places where "guns aren't allowed" and such.

However, as you may have noticed on the news, having such widely available guns, ( you can buy weapons over the counter in WALMART if you like) does lend itself to our having some issues with unstable folks getting armed to the teeth and going on a shooting spree in a public place/school/etc.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Nov 8 2014, 03:03 PM) *
laugh.gif It's true! There are plenty of critters running around up here than can and will kill you! However, you really don't see the majority of people carrying firearms up here especially in urban areas. Like if you go to the shopping mall or grocery store you may not even see one, although it is not surprising to see some here and there occasionally. The further away from town that you get , the more likely it is that you may see folks carrying. Especially if you are out on a hike , camping , or at a popular fishing spot. Since we can carry concealed I wouldn't be surprised if lots of folks carry but I doubt it would be the majority in the urban areas. And in rural and remote areas I think most folks just carry openly.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:59 AM