I Need Some Help With Effects.
Saint_arc
Mar 22 2009, 07:31 PM
GMC:er
Maybe someone else can help me out here. I am playing through my solid state amp through my crybaby wah straight to my Strat. I keep picking up radio stations when I go to use my wah pedal. Its the most annoying thing. Is it my cables? This part of the house is my practice area and I do not want to have to relocate to another room. Now I have always had this problem in this part of the house but it is the best spot for me to do my recording and practicing. Any tips? Thanks!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Mike

Alaska..........I'm so going to retire here!!!!

Guitars:
Parker Fly, Fender Deluxe American Strat, Taylor 414ce.

Amps: Fender Supersonic 212/head, Fender Champion 600, Powered Mackie floor wedge.

Effects: BOSS GT-10, Line 6 POD Pro XT, Sennheiser Wireless, TS 808 tube screamer, BOSS RC-20XL Looper, SW-95 Cry Baby Slash wah, Weeping Demon Wah, Route 66 overdrive/compression, and many more.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 22 2009, 08:23 PM
LOL, oh man. That's actually happened to me before.

Are you cables coiled up? They might form an inductor which picks up magnetic field voltage changes (aka radio stations), and outputs current. Try uncoiling them if that's the prob?

That's really all I can suggest.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Aleksander Sukov...
Mar 22 2009, 08:35 PM
Instructor
My guess is it's the wah pedal. The inductor in a wah acts as an antenna, so it could be picking up some radio signals.

This from Dunlop:

"This is a common occurrence because the inductor in the Wah pedal acts as an antenna. When you are in an area with a lot of radio frequency, the pedal can and will pick up radio stations. It is not very easy to troubleshoot and fix, because it differs so greatly due to the different signals and the varying surroundings. What may work in one region might not work in another.

Check the inductor. If you have a metal inductor, you can purchase a shield from us and place it over the inductor with a ground wire that is placed under one of the screws on the PC Board. This acts as both an AC Hum and RF shield. (It is part number ECB99 - and lists for $12.00) If this doesn't work then...

Wrap the entire black wire harness in Mumetal foil, which comes in a tape format, and hope that that works.

Getting radio stations on your wah pedal is unfortunately, the nature of the beast, and has been that way since its inception. In some areas it is worse than others. It is especially bad in the great lakes region because the lakes act as large antennas sending out the radio signals to all areas - and all wah pedals."

These are just a couple of solutions.

I hope this helps. smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 22 2009, 09:27 PM
QUOTE (Aleksander Sukovic @ Mar 22 2009, 08:35 PM) *
My guess is it's the wah pedal. The inductor in a wah acts as an antenna, so it could be picking up some radio signals.

This from Dunlop:

"This is a common occurrence because the inductor in the Wah pedal acts as an antenna. When you are in an area with a lot of radio frequency, the pedal can and will pick up radio stations. It is not very easy to troubleshoot and fix, because it differs so greatly due to the different signals and the varying surroundings. What may work in one region might not work in another.

Check the inductor. If you have a metal inductor, you can purchase a shield from us and place it over the inductor with a ground wire that is placed under one of the screws on the PC Board. This acts as both an AC Hum and RF shield. (It is part number ECB99 - and lists for $12.00) If this doesn't work then...

Wrap the entire black wire harness in Mumetal foil, which comes in a tape format, and hope that that works.

Getting radio stations on your wah pedal is unfortunately, the nature of the beast, and has been that way since its inception. In some areas it is worse than others. It is especially bad in the great lakes region because the lakes act as large antennas sending out the radio signals to all areas - and all wah pedals."

These are just a couple of solutions.

I hope this helps. smile.gif

Wow, I was surprisingly close! LOL

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:35 AM