2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Any Dragonforce Fans Out There
Bondy
Jan 6 2008, 11:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes i have been playing guitar hero and i cant belive i let this band slip me by i had never heard of the before i think there cool anyone else like or heard of them rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 6 2008, 11:26 PM
Lets go fishing!
I am ! smile.gif Now I know there not that great live, and I know theres lots of better players out there but - I really enjoy there music none the less (even if its just studio magic) biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 6 2008, 11:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Ohh i just saw a video of them at download they did not sound to bad heard a lot worse i thought they were an old band when i listened to the song for the first time

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 6 2008, 11:30 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 6 2008, 04:26 PM) *
I am ! smile.gif Now I know there not that great live, and I know theres lots of better players out there but - I really enjoy there music none the less (even if its just studio magic) biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdET_-vdmaQ

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 6 2008, 11:33 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Bondy @ Jan 6 2008, 10:29 PM) *
Ohh i just saw a video of them at download they did not sound to bad heard a lot worse i thought they were an old band when i listened to the song for the first time

I think they are not too bad either Bondy ! smile.gif They are a relatively young band I think, certainly lots of fun to listen too.

QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jan 6 2008, 10:30 PM) *

yeah thats petty messy at best sad.gif better with sound enhancment pedal wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 6 2008, 11:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Well there better players then me wish i could play there stuff i would be well chuffed

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jan 6 2008, 11:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
They are AWESOME live but it depends on if they are in the mood to play. I've seen the several times now and when they are in the right mood they pull off a killer show. I don't like their music on CD because it gets annoying and boring after a few tracks but live it's a hell of a show. Check out my Black Crusade Review!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 6 2008, 11:39 PM
Learning Roadie
I love seeing bands that put on a great show rather then just standing there 1 of the best bands i have seen live are the darkness belive it or not there awsome live really do get ya moneys worth

Edit used to get ya moneys worth they split up

This post has been edited by Bondy: Jan 6 2008, 11:40 PM

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 6 2008, 11:42 PM
there music gets a bit annoying with all those weird effects IMO

God Through the Fire and Flames is hard on GH mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 6 2008, 11:43 PM
Learning Roadie
LOL its not that hard rainng blood by slayer is harder i think

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 6 2008, 11:44 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 6 2008, 04:33 PM) *
yeah thats petty messy at best sad.gif better with sound enhancment pedal wink.gif

LMAO enhancement pedal rocks!! laugh.gif ima get it and do a review on it! tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 6 2008, 11:45 PM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Jan 6 2008, 05:43 PM) *
LOL its not that hard rainng blood by slayer is harder i think

have you seen through the fire and flames on expert????its INSANE! blink.gif i beat raining blood rather easily(that fast part in the beginning got me a couple of times but that was it)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 6 2008, 11:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Have not tryed it on expert yet only got it last week just finished it on medium

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
swingline
Jan 6 2008, 11:59 PM
Personally I don't like them but a lot of my friends do. Its too electronic and there is too many effects, plus the vocals are a little bothersome. Not to mention live, even on a good day, they aren't too great.

This post has been edited by swingline: Jan 7 2008, 12:00 AM

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 7 2008, 12:02 AM
Learning Roadie
Personally I don't like them but a lot of my friends do. Its to electronic and there is too many effects, plus the vocals are a little bothersome. Not to mention live, even on a good day, they arn't too great.

Thats all cool whatever floats ya boat i have to say though if a band is rubbish live it does tend to put me of them big time sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
swingline
Jan 7 2008, 12:05 AM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Jan 6 2008, 03:02 PM) *
Thats all cool whatever floats ya boat i have to say though if a band is rubbish live it does tend to put me of them big time sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Actually I've only seen a few live videos (around 3) and it was pretty bad. This one was the nail in the coffin though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6blTVunsB4

P.S. 1:33 is hysterical.

This post has been edited by swingline: Jan 7 2008, 12:08 AM

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 7 2008, 12:30 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Love Dragonforce, there a fun band and great performers when sober, when i saw them the show was great.

They are actually very talented players, here is proof, a sober Herman Li and Sam Totman playing without effects smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkuGfzNziBw

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 7 2008, 01:10 AM
what about the betcha cant play this video... unsure.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 7 2008, 02:21 AM
Sober.. and in the mood to play they are amazing! I saw them live and was blown away.. i dislike seeing soo many people saying they suck.. seriously.. watching them sober they are very talented and if you can't play it.. don't say its sloppy biggrin.gif i do agree that they are very sloppy at times but playing some of that stuff live must be very difficult indeed.. + they do drink quiet alot at shows haha smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smikey2006: Jan 7 2008, 02:22 AM

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 7 2008, 06:51 AM
Learning Roadie
Love Dragonforce, there a fun band and great performers when sober, when i saw them the show was great.

They are actually very talented players, here is proof, a sober Herman Li and Sam Totman playing without effects smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkuGfzNziBw

Great loved it i thought these dudes must be able to play i just think its down to taste i like em

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:05 AM