Keeping In Rhythm
Neosmithk
Sep 24 2007, 10:38 AM
GMC:er
I watched Kris' lesson on metronomes, so i started to play with one. when i practice, i do a lot of scales - 4 of them, up and down, several times - and i always use a metronome. after a few ups and downs i noticed that i wasn't really keeping in beat too well, i either went too fast or too slow. i slowed the metronome down to 100 bpm and just played with each beep, yet i still wasn't staying in beat after 5 or so notes. i kept playing and kept going out of beat. it was rare that i stayed with the metronome for a whole up and down. i can play one scale decently fast, and i was still going out of rhythm with that one, too. i kept practicing for a few days like that, thinking it would get better but it didn't get that much better.

are there any practicing techniques or tools than can help with this? i really have to concentrate to play the scale right and listen to the metronome at the same time

any advice is appreciated.

thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 10:09 PM