Happy Xmas (war Is Over), Make my own solo
Sondre
Nov 8 2008, 11:37 PM
GMC:er
I am gonna do this song with some friends at school in a couple of weeks, and we thought we could do a solo in it.

The one by John Lennon obviously. :/

- What key is it in? ( :-S )
- What modes would be best to use.
- I would appreciate all help, as I have never made a solo before.

Greetings!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sondre: Nov 8 2008, 11:37 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sondre
Nov 9 2008, 08:37 PM
No one? sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pi38
Nov 9 2008, 08:40 PM
I would help out, but I know very little about theory, and I've never heard the song. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, but there are plenty of people here at GMC who can help, and I'm sure that someone will. Good luck! smile.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Nov 9 2008, 08:57 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pi38 @ Nov 9 2008, 08:40 PM) *
I would help out, but I know very little about theory, and I've never heard the song. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, but there are plenty of people here at GMC who can help, and I'm sure that someone will. Good luck! smile.gif

Someone did version of this on the first "Merry axemas" CD. I believe it was a japanese guitarist, excellent version. Check it out on itunes or something. Maybe this will give you some ideas. Good luck!!!

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 9 2008, 09:17 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I'm sure it can be transposed to any key you like but a quick search showed it in the key of Gmaj in Piano notation.

Here it is Transposed in Amaj..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:05 AM