Usb Audio Interface, WTB.....
Marfol
Apr 1 2012, 03:31 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC,

currently I am thinking about a new USB audio interface since my old one was really cheap and I am not able to create a decent sound with it. Does anyone have a good suggestion/experience with this? My budget is ~ 200€ (270 US$).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
SirJamsalot
Apr 3 2012, 06:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Unless you're recording a band, you don't need more than a few inputs for convenience ~ my Presonus burned out earlier in the month and I did a lot of research looking for a replacement and I almost bought this one.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlett2i2
(their website: http://www.focusrite.com/products/audio_interfaces)

I opted for the emu 0404 pcie instead, but only because I didn't need a microphone pre-amp and I wanted something with good thru-put (faster than USB/Firewire) since my computer is old and processor power occasionally caused drop-outs. It works like charm. Both have a good routing interface

Chris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 4 2012, 01:32 AM
Some great points! The scarlett is a great little box. A pretty new model tool

The emu is great if you are using a tower. If you are using a laptop, not the first choice as their
are no slots to fit the card in. So laptop or tower and the speed of your computer come in to play.

USB interfaces lean a bit more on the cpu as do firewire interfaces. But on a newish computer, usb/firewire
is usually just fine.

Todd

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Apr 3 2012, 01:01 PM) *
Unless you're recording a band, you don't need more than a few inputs for convenience ~ my Presonus burned out earlier in the month and I did a lot of research looking for a replacement and I almost bought this one.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlett2i2
(their website: http://www.focusrite.com/products/audio_interfaces)

I opted for the emu 0404 pcie instead, but only because I didn't need a microphone pre-amp and I wanted something with good thru-put (faster than USB/Firewire) since my computer is old and processor power occasionally caused drop-outs. It works like charm. Both have a good routing interface

Chris

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Apr 9 2012, 11:26 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 3 2012, 07:32 PM) *
Some great points! The scarlett is a great little box. A pretty new model tool

The emu is great if you are using a tower. If you are using a laptop, not the first choice as their
are no slots to fit the card in. So laptop or tower and the speed of your computer come in to play.

USB interfaces lean a bit more on the cpu as do firewire interfaces. But on a newish computer, usb/firewire
is usually just fine.

Todd

I just bought the Scarlett 8i6, I like it, but I don't know how after recording in Reaper to put effects on my tracks. I record with distortion, but it comes out sounding all clear. I use Guitar Rig for the distortion.

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

My goal is to learn to play guitar like its my second language, and my first words to the world will be "Bite Me!".

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title: Air Guitarist

Guitarist Title thread

DWR's EPIC Practice Journal l

DarkWaveRiffer's Modern Music Mentored By Cosmin Thread

Lead Mastery Mentored by Gab

Attacking Scales Mentored By Alex Thread

Want to know how to practice for success?? Click here!!

Are you sabotaging your practice? Click here!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Apr 9 2012, 11:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (DarkWaveRiffer @ Apr 9 2012, 03:26 PM) *
I just bought the Scarlett 8i6, I like it, but I don't know how after recording in Reaper to put effects on my tracks. I record with distortion, but it comes out sounding all clear. I use Guitar Rig for the distortion.

Todd! Help needed in aisle 4! smile.gif

The AI sends whatever signal it receives directly to your DAW. Because you're not using a pre-amp, it will record the clean signal from your guitar. To apply the distortion, you have to add guitar rig to your recorded track, and that plugin will apply the effect to the output of your track (it will not change the audio file that was recorded).

does this help?

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Marfol   Usb Audio Interface   Apr 1 2012, 03:31 PM
- - Dieterle   Hallo, i am looking forward too, to an usb audio i...   Apr 1 2012, 03:42 PM
|- - snackajacks   I have a toneport ( line 6 ux2 ) you can get it fo...   Apr 1 2012, 04:32 PM
||- - Dieterle   QUOTE (snackajacks @ Apr 1 2012, 05:32 PM...   Apr 1 2012, 05:22 PM
nnn
|- - Todd Simpson   There are lots of options around that range. The P...   Apr 2 2012, 06:40 AM
|- - Dieterle   Thanks a lot Todd ! I will check this links ...   Apr 2 2012, 01:56 PM
nnn
nnn
- - derper   Line 6 KB37   Apr 1 2012, 07:57 PM
|- - Marfol   QUOTE (derper @ Apr 1 2012, 06:57 PM) Lin...   Apr 1 2012, 08:04 PM
|- - derper   I got mine w/full warranty on ebay for $270 U...   Apr 1 2012, 10:49 PM
nnn
nnn
- - SpaseMoonkey   I bought a PreSonus AudioBox USB, I've had no...   Apr 1 2012, 11:06 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Apr 9 2012, 06:37 PM...   Apr 9 2012, 11:53 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Dieterle   I finally bought Zoom G3 and it works good on iMa...   Apr 5 2012, 04:04 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Zoom G3 is a good idea as it can be a live pedal b...   Apr 5 2012, 07:39 PM
nnn
- - Procyon   After having tried various usb interfaces I finall...   Apr 5 2012, 07:26 PM
- - DarkWaveRiffer   Thanks SirJams, just what I needed!   Apr 9 2012, 11:41 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:54 AM