Luthier Schools?
Sergeant_Ant
Aug 27 2007, 05:46 AM
GMC:er
does anyone know of any good schools to become a luthier? im getting close to highschool graduation and i was thinking about going to some classes and seein if it would be a cool job and how long it would take to learn

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 27 2007, 08:09 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Here's a list of a number of guitar building schools (mixed in with guitar schools generally I'm afraid). The other thing to consider might well be to find a good local luthier and get lessons from him/her direct - you might get better1-on-1 that way and may well learn more than being part of a group teaching experience for 12 weeks...

Cheers,
Tony

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
Aug 27 2007, 08:31 AM
Awesome smile.gif thanks

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 27 2007, 08:49 AM
Dude i think its a great idea to go for something like this. smile.gif I have to say i would think its hard now-a-days to make a living doing this but the knowledge you would learn from this would be a really cool thing to have.Your on the right track just getting ready to finish high school and thinking about this.Go for it now while your still very young that way you have all the time to do other stuff as well.Best of Luck smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 27 2007, 08:54 AM
Oh and Ant - when you are a top luthier build one for me please biggrin.gif .

Seriously though as Dan says - wonderful idea and the skills you learn will be really useful whether or not you decide to be a luthier full time or not.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 27 2007, 09:51 AM
whats a luthier? sad.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 27 2007, 09:53 AM
It's another name for a guitar builder m8 - well one who does the build pretty much by hand.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 27 2007, 10:47 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Aug 27 2007, 02:53 AM) *
It's another name for a guitar builder m8 - well one who does the build pretty much by hand.

Cheers,
Tony

ah i understand now. Thanks smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Hardcrown
Aug 30 2007, 06:47 PM
QUOTE (Sergeant_Ant @ Aug 27 2007, 05:46 AM) *
does anyone know of any good schools to become a luthier? im getting close to highschool graduation and i was thinking about going to some classes and seein if it would be a cool job and how long it would take to learn

Use Google type luthiers and your location

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:20 PM