Hello... From Chicago
kalamari
Apr 22 2010, 07:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Just wanted to say hi to everyone here at GMC...

I have owned guitars since I was 15 (now I am 41...eek!] BUT probably didn't start playing seriously until I was 28. I have always been a strum and sing kinda guy (played rhythm and sang in a cover band for 3 years). Now I am looking to broaden my horizon and develop solo skills along with improv and music theory application.

I joined last week (4/15) after researching most of the more popular online lesson sites. Although GMC appears to be a little less structured than the others, I find the lessons to cover the technical aspects I am looking for and most of the lessons sound very musical - that is, they are relevant and sound great and I WANT to play them. (I simply refuse to subject my family (wife and 2 kids) or myself to any more 1-2-3-4 chromatic picking exercises)

I consider myself an intermediate player with beginner musical theory skills. Over the next couple months I hope to improve the following:

[in order of importance to me at the moment]
scale knowledge and familiarity/application (pentatonic, minor, major)
Fluidity
Legato
Sweeps
improve speed (I am stubbornly slow)
Hybrid picking
Modes

Putting various techniques together (ie. alternate pick with legato and sweeps and bends)

Any suggestions for getting a practice agenda together would be greatly appreciated and taken into consideration

Thanks for your time

from the windy city of the corrupt
Kurt Ciabattari

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I am here because lifes to short to watch another shirtless guitar player lesson/cover on youtube...

Kurt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- kalamari   Hello... From Chicago   Apr 22 2010, 07:05 PM
- - Fre   Hi kalamari! Have fun, and good luck improvi...   Apr 22 2010, 07:22 PM
- - Lian Gerbino   welcome to the site man, enjoy your stay   Apr 22 2010, 07:33 PM
- - Bogdan Radovic   Hello and welcome to GMC Kurt!   Apr 22 2010, 07:41 PM
- - Adrian Figallo   welcome man!!   Apr 22 2010, 07:52 PM
- - Gitarrero   Welcome to GMC!   Apr 22 2010, 08:12 PM
- - relaxenjoy   Welcome to GMC Kurt! Well written intro as we...   Apr 22 2010, 09:00 PM
- - Santiago Diaz Garces   Hey man! Welcome to the site. Have fun learnin...   Apr 23 2010, 03:35 AM
- - jstcrsn   Welcome , and don't get me started on the corr...   Apr 23 2010, 01:16 PM
- - Sergio Dorado   Welcome to the site!   Apr 23 2010, 02:07 PM
- - Daniel Realpe   welcome to the site, and have fun!   Apr 23 2010, 04:10 PM
- - Vasilije Vukmirovic   Welcome to GMC!   Jun 16 2010, 01:36 PM
- - Aleksander Sukovic   Welcome to GMC Kurt Enjoy your stay   Jun 29 2010, 03:46 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:22 PM