Help Structuring My Practice Time, Use your experience to help me!
Chief Brody
Jul 15 2008, 05:55 AM
GMC:er
Hi all,

Now i know this is a pretty common topic but basically i need some help.

First things first, I'm still a beginner (7 months since i started) and am learning both acoustic and electric, i desire nothing more than to be a well-rounded player who can not only transcribe/cover the works of my favourite artists but also be able to create my own jams.

I've progressed a great deal since i came to GMC but I feel i'm not progressing as well as i should be and that this is due to mostly inappropriate allocation of my time and a lack of clear direction/goals.

Dedication isn't a problem, i just don't want my increased resolve to go to waste so i'd much appreciate some guidance.

I'm willing and able to commit 4 hours a day, every day, to my practice. But the main problem i encounter is that there is so much for me to learn that i feel like my brain is "scattered" - Theory, Scales, Chords, Improvisation, Learning songs, Transcribing, Aural training, the innumerable amount of techniques - it's all important to me. But how do i create structure/balance within my schedule so as to include everything and make gains in those areas?

Practice routines are a very individual and personal thing, so i'm not asking for anyone to make one for me, rather i'd like to know what you would do if (or when) you were in my shoes. I appreciate any input as i feel overwhelmed sometimes!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:11 PM