When Did You Start Practicing Scales?
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 31 2011, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Scales are so crucial and very important step for a guitar player. When we start practicing scales, we go to the next level. How much time did it pass before you moved from chords to scales? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 1 2011, 06:58 AM
Instructor
mm difficult question.. but I think that it passed many time between playing chords and starting to understand and use the pentatonic minor scale. I first started studying guitar with a classical instructor. He made me play some major scales but he never explained me how to use them. Some time after that I started studying with a rock/blues player and he taught me the pentatonic scale in the first class. I was so amazed of it. I started to jam over my favourite songs.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 1 2011, 08:59 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
21 years have passed and I havn't begun on scales yet ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 1 2011, 10:40 AM
Instructor
Yeah, pentatonic scale is indeed something magical, and very very important step. Major scale only got me confused in the beginning, but the universality of the pentatonic scale meant I could use it easily in several different situations, and as Gab said, we could start jam with favorite songs! smile.gif That's a very important step further.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:10 AM