Need Help From Someone With Guitar Pro 6
BTrian
Jul 14 2013, 02:53 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey,
I've purchased some tabluature of an acoustic fingerstyle piece and it came with a PDF file and a .gpx file.

As I don't have Guitar Pro 6 (and don't plan on getting it cause I'm fine with the older version (or tuxguitar) for working with tabs) I'm not able to open that file.

I don't really need the tab itself but the PDF version has a note telling there are "minor performance notes" in the score info of the guitar pro file which might turn out to be really helpful.

so if anyone of you has got guitar pro 6 and 5 minutes of time could you answer here, I send the file via PM and you just open it and send me whatever is written down there in the score info?

thx in advance

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Jul 14 2013, 03:00 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (BTrian @ Jul 14 2013, 01:53 PM) *
Hey,
I've purchased some tabluature of an acoustic fingerstyle piece and it came with a PDF file and a .gpx file.

As I don't have Guitar Pro 6 (and don't plan on getting it cause I'm fine with the older version (or tuxguitar) for working with tabs) I'm not able to open that file.

I don't really need the tab itself but the PDF version has a note telling there are "minor performance notes" in the score info of the guitar pro file which might turn out to be really helpful.

so if anyone of you has got guitar pro 6 and 5 minutes of time could you answer here, I send the file via PM and you just open it and send me whatever is written down there in the score info?

thx in advance

I have guitar pro 6, so I can convert the tab to gp5 format and then send it back to you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
BTrian
Jul 14 2013, 03:08 PM
Learning Roadie
you've got a PM

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 14 2013, 03:10 PM
On another note, there's a lite version of GP6 that's being offered for free download. As far as I know, its free for life, but there are some limitations smile.gif you might want to look into that.

This magazine offers the lite version for free: http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=...ributor=iguitar

This post has been edited by sammetal92: Jul 14 2013, 03:11 PM

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
BTrian
Jul 14 2013, 03:15 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jul 14 2013, 03:10 PM) *
On another note, there's a lite version of GP6 that's being offered for free download. As far as I know, its free for life, but there are some limitations smile.gif you might want to look into that.

the problem of this version is that you only can open the files that come with the demo version and nothing else.
there was a website where you could upload gpx files and a script would read out the tab and give you the option to download it in various formats. Which also didn't really help cause the script didn't include the score info.

thx anyways.

are the improvements from the earlier versions worth getting GP6?
from what I read the main improvements were on the RSE and many ppl. have compatibility issues with the old formats

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 14 2013, 03:18 PM
No no, its not the demo version biggrin.gif demo = trial version, its a free version with limitations, you can open anything as long as its 6(?) tracks or less smile.gif if it exceeds 6 tracks, the first 6 tracks of the file will be loaded tongue.gif

AFAIK, I use the full version of GP6 (got it after getting the lite version), and you can use pedals and different amps and that sort of stuff to get a cool tone like you would when recording or playing guitar.

Other than that, there's the speed trainer, I don't know if its new tongue.gif I didn't use GP before buying GP6, so yeah smile.gif

EDIT: Sorry, that's 8 tracks, not 6!

This post has been edited by sammetal92: Jul 14 2013, 03:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
BTrian
Jul 14 2013, 03:31 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jul 14 2013, 03:18 PM) *
No no, its not the demo version biggrin.gif demo = trial version, its a free version with limitations, you can open anything as long as its 6(?) tracks or less smile.gif if it exceeds 6 tracks, the first 6 tracks of the file will be loaded tongue.gif

AFAIK, I use the full version of GP6 (got it after getting the lite version), and you can use pedals and different amps and that sort of stuff to get a cool tone like you would when recording or playing guitar.

Other than that, there's the speed trainer, I don't know if its new tongue.gif I didn't use GP before buying GP6, so yeah smile.gif

EDIT: Sorry, that's 8 tracks, not 6!

ah ok got it,
gonna try if it works with the lite version.

I guess GP6 is quite handy to create backing tracks then with all those new sound features.

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 14 2013, 03:52 PM
QUOTE (BTrian @ Jul 14 2013, 02:31 PM) *
ah ok got it,
gonna try if it works with the lite version.

I guess GP6 is quite handy to create backing tracks then with all those new sound features.

Yep, but the sound bank doesn't come with the lite version, you only get midi sounds smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:21 AM