Compositions, My band and I
Alexiaden93
Oct 5 2009, 10:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys !

I have composed two songs, both with uncertain names for now, for my band to play. The first song temporarily called "Storm" is soon ready to be performed... smile.gif

The second song is just called X, because I can't find a name for it. It isn't done, as I was thinking of a 5-6 minute song. Any comments, and maybe even suggestions as to their names are greatly appreciated !

I hope you like them ! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  STORM___Alexander__vestad__band_.gp5 ( 37.84K ) Number of downloads: 161
Attached File  X___Alexander__vestad__band_.gp5 ( 49.81K ) Number of downloads: 129

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 5 2009, 10:58 PM
Instructor
really cool and musical stuff man. Come vocals would sound cool, and the first one has great melodic riff, it's catchy. Well done.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Oct 9 2009, 12:01 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 5 2009, 11:58 PM) *
really cool and musical stuff man. Come vocals would sound cool, and the first one has great melodic riff, it's catchy. Well done.

Thanks Ivan smile.gif Glad you liked it ^^

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
bleak
Nov 4 2009, 01:54 PM
GMC:er
Thought that was really good mate, enjoying listening to them. You have a great way of structuring ur ideas and putting the pieces together but I think your ideas and phrases could do with a bit of development? Sometimes sounds a bit predictable and cliche so maybe some more unusual note choices could be used? But thats just my opinion, I probably have different musical tastes to you!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 4 2009, 04:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
The first one has a really good melody and some nice harmony, it feels more like a composition than the second one. But I like the part in the second one where the bass first takes the lead, I think You need a strong vocal melody for this one. Also it's hard to tell what it's gonna sound like when actually played since this one's are in .gp5 format, but I think You got some really great ideas going! smile.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Nov 4 2009, 04:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bleak @ Nov 4 2009, 01:54 PM) *
Thought that was really good mate, enjoying listening to them. You have a great way of structuring ur ideas and putting the pieces together but I think your ideas and phrases could do with a bit of development? Sometimes sounds a bit predictable and cliche so maybe some more unusual note choices could be used? But thats just my opinion, I probably have different musical tastes to you!

Thank you ! I am still working on them, and a few things have changed, I understand what you mean though. I will try to stay away from clichés when composing, and we are going to record soon, so I'll post the files... smile.gif

QUOTE (Staffy @ Nov 4 2009, 04:35 PM) *
The first one has a really good melody and some nice harmony, it feels more like a composition than the second one. But I like the part in the second one where the bass first takes the lead, I think You need a strong vocal melody for this one. Also it's hard to tell what it's gonna sound like when actually played since this one's are in .gp5 format, but I think You got some really great ideas going! smile.gif

//Staffay

Thanks, Staffay smile.gif The second one is still in progress, which is why it's called X... wink.gif I will try to add harmonies and many other phrasing/melody lines.

Thanks to both of you for commenting ! smile.gif I thought this thread died a long time ago... smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:43 AM