New Demo - "...of Sky & Lightning"
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 12 2016, 11:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/of-sky-and-lightning

Not my best song or best recording, but this is just a demo, so not much mixing or anything done. Synth around 3:30 will be different in final version, I think. It didn't turn out that nice.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jun 12 2016, 11:22 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2016, 12:41 AM
Instructor
Hi Cael, I've just commented this one at the mentoring program. Check it out!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 13 2016, 06:48 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
sounding good though biggrin.gif really nice riffs. I liked the tempo change, guitar was very tasty.
other than changing the synth part, are you adding anything else.... solo? cool.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 13 2016, 07:27 AM
Learning Tone Master
Very cool demo. The part from 0:51 - 1:58 sounds truly killer!!! I think is the best part from your song, it's very well thought and gives a great mood. Also I like the fact that this part can be used with or without vocal. It depend in what area you want to go with this song. I like your ideas very much smile.gif
I'm also agree with Gabriel and I think it would be much better to make this song a little shorter. I have a personal problem with long songs biggrin.gif For me 4 minutes are the best proportion for a song to be sure that you will not loose the listener wink.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 13 2016, 01:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks, Bleez and Monica smile.gif I don't feel like it's my best work, but I think I'll keep it anyway smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jun 13 2016, 02:10 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I like the direction it's going. It just needs to be fleshed out in some places to feel less sparse. After that, the length might not be a problem. Some ambience in the guitar parts might fit the feel of the song. Your playing is always terrific. And I like the title smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 13 2016, 03:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jun 13 2016, 03:10 PM) *
I like the direction it's going. It just needs to be fleshed out in some places to feel less sparse. After that, the length might not be a problem. Some ambience in the guitar parts might fit the feel of the song. Your playing is always terrific. And I like the title smile.gif.

I agree it's a bit sparse at places smile.gif I might try and figure out something to add to make it less sparse smile.gif

Here's an updated version without the synth harmony:

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/af-sky-and-lightning-no-synth-harmony

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:32 PM