> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >  
Tflava's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 1 2021, 04:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Nov 28 2021, 06:20 PM) *
Thanks a lot mate.
I recorded my final take.
I waited some time because im positive on Covid right now. My daughter and wife also. My daughter is fine but my wife have some trouble and is also pregnant so i pray that its over soon.
Here it is

Wou! I really like it. I think that the new take is better in every sense. I like the new tone, the ambience (delay), and your playing has much more dynamics and groove here. It's a very consistent take and a very solid composition. Congrats!

m also working on a new steve cropper style arrangement.
This is what i come up so far smile.gif [attachment=53123:cropper_...ent_idea.wav]
I used little triads all around the neck and hammer on to the sixth or nine etc..
I need to come up with a bass part and also want to arrange a solo over it.

Ok, this sounds promising. At this point, the bass seems to be very important to see if the guitars work with the whole arrangement so I would work on it before continuing working on guitars.

Also, if you are planning to add a solo, maybe you should have a section in which the rhythm guitar is simpler.

Very nice to hear that your show is almost. Do you record the show. Im really curious.
Hope you guys rock the city smile.gif Good luck and tghe best.
Greetz Tim

Thanks a lot mate! We are not filming is a live show but we will have people recording video for a short documentary based on this first show.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 1 2021, 10:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 1 2021, 03:43 AM) *
Wou! I really like it. I think that the new take is better in every sense. I like the new tone, the ambience (delay), and your playing has much more dynamics and groove here. It's a very consistent take and a very solid composition. Congrats!

Ok, this sounds promising. At this point, the bass seems to be very important to see if the guitars work with the whole arrangement so I would work on it before continuing working on guitars.

Also, if you are planning to add a solo, maybe you should have a section in which the rhythm guitar is simpler.

Thanks a lot mate! We are not filming is a live show but we will have people recording video for a short documentary based on this first show.

Thanks mate. It was a solo that needed to be very melodical because of the slow tempo. thanks for your comment smile.gif

I worked on a bass part now and also played a little chorus guitar under it to fill some space.
I think i also want some keyboard in it, maybe a pad style or something.
What do yuoi think of the bass?
I tried to come up with a variation each part.
When i do a solo i will play only rhythm under it i guess and no fills. What you say make sense smile.gif

Attached File  cropper_style_arrabngement_with_bass.wav ( 14.33MB ) Number of downloads: 44

Im really curious to your documentary then man. rock the show! Salut

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by tflava: Dec 1 2021, 10:01 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2021, 05:35 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim, I think that this new version sound much more musical. I like how all the instruments go together and I think that adding a soft pad could really work, not something very deep, sometimes that only adds an ambience. You could also use different pads to differentiate sections. (Intro, verse, solo, etc).

This is sounding very nice mate. smile.gif

Last night we had the show, it was totally amazing!! If you follow me on instagram you can see many stories shared by people who went to the show. I hope to have professional pictures and videos soon!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 7 2021, 04:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot mate.
I will continu working on it and maybe switch the pads like you say smile.gif

Its very nice to hear that you had a great show. I am really curious to hear it. I dont have instagram but i will wait for the footage you have. Ill hope you have many more shows to come man.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 8 2021, 06:56 PM
Instructor
Thanks mate! What about facebook? smile.gif

https://www.facebook.com/gabrielleopardi/

By the way, we can not insert facebook videos here.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Dec 8 2021, 06:57 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 11 2021, 10:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man,

im sorry to say but i also cant see the facebook. Only youtube or vid.
I decided to quit with social media some time ago because i spent a lot of time hanging aorund on it and also saw a lot of discussions and stuff that frustrated me. So i decided to quit but then i cant see anything more. mellow.gif

I hope you also have something on youtube?

Today i recorded a solo composition where my goals was to use some chromatisism, what do you think of it? All the licks are mine.

I also try to focus on 1 backing track for some time and focus on playing along with the changes.
I recorded also the backing track i practiced for the past times. I will now continue with another backing track.
What do you think?

Grtzz Tim

This post has been edited by tflava: Dec 11 2021, 10:45 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2021, 04:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 11 2021, 06:02 PM) *
Hey man,

im sorry to say but i also cant see the facebook. Only youtube or vid.
I decided to quit with social media some time ago because i spent a lot of time hanging aorund on it and also saw a lot of discussions and stuff that frustrated me. So i decided to quit but then i cant see anything more. mellow.gif

I hope you also have something on youtube?

No problem! Yes, there are some vids on Youtube. (not great quality) https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ramen+roxy

Today i recorded a solo composition where my goals was to use some chromatisism, what do you think of it? All the licks are mine.

Nice! I love Chromatic licks. There are some cool licks there! It can be useful if you identify your favorites from your jam and try to relearn them, so you keep them in your vocabulary.

Next time, it can be good if you try to experiment a bit more with different rhythms, and try to approach chromaticism with other techniques like sliding or bending...

There are some cool lessons by Stephane with chromatic licks, check them out!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Dec 12 2021, 04:13 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2021, 05:01 PM
Instructor
I also try to focus on 1 backing track for some time and focus on playing along with the changes.
I recorded also the backing track i practiced for the past times. I will now continue with another backing track.
What do you think?

Grtzz Tim

Very cool! This is a great training. I think that your playing here would really benefit rom using Micro Techniques. Have you checked the new course?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonser...icro-Technique/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 21 2021, 07:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hé mate.

Very cool to hear and see you play on stage 😎
Real great in front of a big audience smile.gif

I Looked at your micro Technique and i will try to use it in my next improv.

Grtzz

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 22 2021, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Thank you mate! Can't wait to play again!! smile.gif

Cool! Let me know what you think once you check the course.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 22 2021, 10:35 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I can imagine wink.gif
I really like the course man. I think for me the hardest part is to think about the chord tones and also think about the micro technique. Maybe i split the backing track in 2. That i focus first part on focussing on the triads and the second part on focussing on micro technique rolleyes.gif

I also recorded a small vid where i practice fast alternate picking. I think the AP is still getting better.
What do you think?

this was the fastest speed i played it. I praticed it the most of the time slower

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 26 2021, 07:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 22 2021, 06:35 PM) *
I can imagine wink.gif
I really like the course man. I think for me the hardest part is to think about the chord tones and also think about the micro technique. Maybe i split the backing track in 2. That i focus first part on focussing on the triads and the second part on focussing on micro technique rolleyes.gif

Cool! Yes, it's easier to work on 1 concept at a time. You can write a list with all the improvisation concepts that you want to work and choose 1 or 2 for each session. The more you practice them, the more natural they will feel. One day, these concepts will become a second nature.

QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 22 2021, 06:35 PM) *
I also recorded a small vid where i practice fast alternate picking. I think the AP is still getting better.
What do you think?

this was the fastest speed i played it. I praticed it the most of the time slower

It sounds good! You hands are in sync and everything sounds clean and tight. If you want to increase the speed, you need to minimize movements a bit more. Try to keep your left hand fingers closer to the fretboard even at this tempo so that you get used to as little movement as possible.

Another thing that will help you is to divide this one in smaller blocks/exercises. Working on short cyclic patterns is the way to go if the goal is to gain speed.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 27 2021, 10:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks man.
That is a really nice idea which i want to incorporate.
I also picked up ear traiing again where i left last time.
I notice my ear is keep getting better. I can notice most intervals in about 3 seconds and if i need to copy some licks from a tune its also getting fast smile.gif
Also heraing the differnet chord types is keep getting better. Ill hope in the end this will also imrpove my improvising

Yeah thanks, i will continu to polish my alternate picking. Next time i make a rec of the improvisation i worked on this week cool.gif

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2021, 10:10 PM
Instructor
Excellent! You are doing a killer job here mate. Congrats! It's been a great year.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 29 2021, 03:13 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot man. You really helped me this year and i hope also next year cool.gif

I hope you play a lot of gigs with your band man

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 29 2021, 10:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello mate.

I recorded 2 improvisations tonight. One where i treid to use some micro techniques, and one where my main focus was on following the chords smile.gif

This is the one with the micro techniques:
I focussed mainly on playing sometimes in front and sometimes ahead of the beat.

And here is the one where i focussed on hitting the chord tones:

What do you think of it?

i will look out for 2 new backing track and try to focuss on these 2 concepts. On one backing track i will focus on chord tone soloing and interval based soloing and on one the other concepts.
Do you maybe have a list of concepts i can pay attention too, then i will try to change the focuss sometimes?
I also try to finish my arrangement i was working on cool.gif

Ill keep you updated laugh.gif

Have a nice new year mate.

Greetz Tim

This post has been edited by tflava: Dec 30 2021, 10:30 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2022, 02:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 29 2021, 06:08 PM) *
Hello mate.

I recorded 2 improvisations tonight. One where i treid to use some micro techniques, and one where my main focus was on following the chords smile.gif

This is the one with the micro techniques:
I focussed mainly on playing sometimes in front and sometimes ahead of the beat.

Awesome!! The first section where you apply the "behind the beat" concept sounds very good. This adds much more feeling to your playing and you are using it very well. The second half of this jam is less precise, your timing doesn't feel completely good when you try to go ahead the beat, and some of the behind the beat sections are a bit irregular too. But the first half is VERY promising, please continue practicing!

And here is the one where i focussed on hitting the chord tones:

This sounds beautiful. I can hear that your note choices are now very related to the chords. The next goal now is to feel more comfortable with this concept so you can use a part of your brain to develop phrases and motifs. The idea is to make your phrasing more melodic, and gradually add other concepts that you'll be working. But please continue working on this one!

i will look out for 2 new backing track and try to focuss on these 2 concepts. On one backing track i will focus on chord tone soloing and interval based soloing and on one the other concepts.
Do you maybe have a list of concepts i can pay attention too, then i will try to change the focuss sometimes?
I also try to finish my arrangement i was working on cool.gif

Ill keep you updated laugh.gif

Have a nice new year mate.

Greetz Tim

We can start making the list here, and continue completing it as the concepts appear...

- Following the chords
- Following the chords with thirds.
- Micro timing
- Micro bending
- Micro dynamics
- Playing horizontally (soloing on 1 string)
- Double stops
- Bending & Vibrato
- Scale sequences
- Call & Response
- Triads
- Arpeggios
- Modes
- Superimposing Arpeggios.
- Picking techniques
- Chromatic Scale
- New Scales

Happy new year!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 6 2022, 05:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot mate.
I will continu with the micro techniques en timing and try to incorporate it in my playing.

Im also started to analyze a solo from martin miller which i really liked and see the note choice hé used over the chords and what arpeggios etc. I write it down and try to use some ideas in my own playing.
I have a nice new backing which is very good for the micro Technique stuff is guess smile.gif

For the melodic stuff i continu with this backing track and another backing which have slow chord changes. I allready notice that it gets easier in my Head but also to see the notes on the fretboard while i play smile.gif

Thanks for the list man. I wrote it down in my music notebook. This is it for now. Ill keep you updated. Enjoy this year ������

This post has been edited by tflava: Jan 6 2022, 05:56 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 10 2022, 03:00 PM
Instructor
Cool stuff mate! Everything sounds promising here! I'm curious about the solo that you are analyzing.

Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 12 2022, 10:09 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

the solo i analysed is one from his jam track pack. the song called 'shine a light".

i recorded 2 improvisations.

The first one i focussed on the micro techniques and more on groovy playing.

On the second one i focussed on hitting the right chord tones when the chord changes.

What do you say?

I also made a list of my music goals for 2022 that i will post soon cool.gif

thanks again.

------------------------------------
Ps i noticed i do something very often when i improvise. I often do a hammer on/ trill thing with my ring finger. So i will try to less do it. Its hard when improvising too don't fall back on stuff i always do.

grtzz Tim

This post has been edited by tflava: Jan 13 2022, 08:02 AM

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:32 PM