> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >  
Tflava's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2022, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim! How are you?

I have Covid so I'm a bit slower this week.

Your last observation is very interesting and I think that you need to find more of this kind of elements that make your phrasing predictable or repetitive. Another one that I notice is the use of staccato, and similar rhythm figures in your phrases.

These two takes are good practice sessions for the concepts that you are working. In the next sessions, I recommend you to try to make your phrasing more musical and more melodic. Try to think on your guitar more like a voice. I don't find the melodies that you are playing in these videos singable. Not all of them have to be. But it's cool when you can sing and memorize the melodies of a solo or improvisation, don't you think so?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 19 2022, 06:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hé gab.

Ill hope you Dont be too ill and feel Soon better. It is a weird virus.

Im doing well. Just wsiting for my baby to come. Hé should be Here the 29 but there is nothing more unpredictable then a pregnancy smile.gif

In the mean time i enjoy playing music. I hope we can Soon play with the band again.
For next time i will focus on make more melodies and singable.
I started to try to sing my phrases while i play them. I also try to sing a phrase and replicatie it on the guitar. Ill hope if i keep doing this ear training excersises i will be able to play what i hear in my head at the end.

I keep you updated and wish you a good recovery

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2022, 07:44 PM
Instructor
Thanks mate! Keep me updated about the baby! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Feb 5 2022, 10:09 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate how are you?
Im working on some improvisation but also a new lesson from Diego for a while now. One part js a little too difficult for me but i see till how far i come.
I tried to incorporate some Licks into my own improv.

Its on 90 procent. I also practice most of the time slower. What do you say?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 7 2022, 03:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim! This is a very interesting backing track and series of phrases. When I listen to your jam, I notice that you can play everything clean and with the right technique, but that it's lacking the feeling and groove that the style requires.

Now you need to focus on groove, articulation and dynamics. If necessary, you can simplify licks, or play less notes, so you can focus on these elements without losing precision.

Groove, articulation and dynamics are worlds by their own, so I recommend you to work on 1 concept at a a time, and maybe then combine two of them. Repeat ideas, keep it simple.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Feb 7 2022, 04:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man. This is not an improvisation. This is the bebop blues lesson of Diego smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 8 2022, 12:04 AM
Instructor
Ah ok! I misunderstood your post! So you need to work on groove, dynamics and articulation, but you don't have to simplify the licks... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Feb 8 2022, 09:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Allright man i will focus on it laugh.gif

This post has been edited by tflava: Feb 9 2022, 05:59 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2022, 03:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Feb 8 2022, 05:07 PM) *
Allright man i will focus on it laugh.gif

Great!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Feb 19 2022, 09:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate how are you smile.gif

I've been buissy these days because mya son is born last week smile.gif
So im backin in the dipers again laugh.gif

Today i recorded an improviastion where i focussed on dynamics and try too use some motifs.
What do you think of it?

If you have some advice i can practice this backing track one more week and then shoot another vid wink.gif

Thanks in advance .

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2022, 06:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Feb 19 2022, 05:32 PM) *
Hey mate how are you smile.gif

I've been buissy these days because mya son is born last week smile.gif
So im backin in the dipers again laugh.gif

Nice!! Congratulations!! smile.gif

Have you seen this video?

QUOTE (tflava @ Feb 19 2022, 05:32 PM) *
Today i recorded an improviastion where i focussed on dynamics and try too use some motifs.
What do you think of it?

If you have some advice i can practice this backing track one more week and then shoot another vid wink.gif

Thanks in advance .

This is a cool jam! I can notice that you focused on dynamics. This improvisation has much more dynamic range compared to other jams that you shared here. I'll be simple with my comments for the next days of practice over this one:

- Less notes /. more melody.
- More defined phrases.
- More rhythm variation.

smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Feb 22 2022, 09:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

nice Vid. i try to hear him as much music as possible smile.gif

I recorded a new vid.

I tried to put more thyhmic interest in it but i have a hard time with it.
I dont know if i practice it right.
Sometimes i have the idea that my improvisational skills dont get better.
Today i tried to sing my phrases while playing it.
I recorded one track but post 2 vids.
One with the audio interface and one with onlye the camera where you can hear me singing while i play.

Do i practice this the right way or should i practice another way?

Thanks in advanced.

PS:
Today i treid to incorporate some licks i stole from other and build upon that. Is that what you mean with more defined phrases?
I will continue with this one and try to incorporate some cool licks and focus on 1 area of the neck every day.

greetz Tim

This post has been edited by tflava: Feb 23 2022, 05:38 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2022, 05:17 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim!

I enjoyed the second video because it sounds more melodic and musical. It has rhythmic variation but also has phrases that are easy to hear and remember. I think you are on the right track. I could hear some of the Guthrie vibe there.

Whenever I feel stuck with my improvisation, I listen to my favorite musicians improvise over similar backing tracks.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Feb 26 2022, 01:06 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Allright thanks man.
Yes thats a good advice.
I really love the session of the martin miller band.
And Paul gilbert is awesome.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 28 2022, 12:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Feb 26 2022, 09:06 AM) *
Allright thanks man.
Yes thats a good advice.
I really love the session of the martin miller band.
And Paul gilbert is awesome.

Yes, I think Paul Gilbert is a good example because in recent years he focused more and more on the rhythm of his guitar phrases. There is another video where he jams with a bass player on a single chord that is very interesting to analyze and incorporate ideas. But Paul is just an example, there are many great guitarists that you can listen and analyze. Within this more funk rock style, I think you can hear Mark Lettieri, Oz Noy, Guthrie Govan, Greg Howe, Ritchie Kotzen, John Scofield, and Brett Garsed,

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Feb 28 2022, 08:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Yes thanks man very cool artist.

Im working on some kind of funk arrangement which i came up today.
What do you think of it?

Attached File  funk_vamp.wav ( 7.56MB ) Number of downloads: 55

grtz

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2022, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim!

Nice! I love the Scofield feel of this one. smile.gif

I think it could be the main groove of your song and now you could look for what would be the bridge or chorus. I think it's a good week to listen to this album and incorporate ideas.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Mar 5 2022, 09:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello mate,

Thats a real nice album I'm halfway with it at the moment.
It made me realise its also possible to write songs without too much chords but just riffs.

I worked another day on the funk vamp and come up with some stuff.
Dont know if i like everything but i thougt i record it and listen and can alway re-arrange.
Its juts messy but are general ideas.
What do you think of it?

The latest part is some mellow fusion vibe where i want to put a solo on.
Next time i record bass over all.
Do you have advice, things you like or dislike?

Attached File  funk_vamp_session_2.wav ( 23.14MB ) Number of downloads: 68

greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2022, 01:07 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim! How are you?

I like the direction this song is taking. There is something in the riff at the beginning that doesn't quite convince me. I already analyzed it last time and came to the conclusion that theoretically it's fine, but today I listen to it again, and aurally there is something that doesn't convince me. I think it's the mayor third. Do you notice something strange there? After that I think everything becomes much more natural, and for example the final riff with the chords sounds beautiful.

I think this song is going to need a very warm and organic sound and drumming. Are you thinking of using this sound or looking for something else for the final version?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Mar 9 2022, 01:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks mate im fine smile.gif buisy with my baby but sometimes i can still find time to play smile.gif how are you and how is your band going?

Yeah i also notice something that sticked but how more i listened i didnt notice any more. I wanted to do the b3 to 3 Move so that it was a mixolydian riff. But i think i will bend the b3 a micro tone and leave out the major third.
I don't still like the brass section but think i will delete it or try to edit it some more and lower the sound.

About the drums, maybe i can look for another drum pattern but i didnt make the patterns my own. I use studio drummer from native instruments. I didnt like to spend time on the drums but maybe if i eq it a bit it can be better.

ON the last part i will also come up with a solo but first i want a bass on all parts so that will be my next step smile.gif
Ill keep you updated. Thanks for the advice man.

This post has been edited by tflava: Mar 9 2022, 01:41 PM

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:43 PM