Muris's Steve Lukather Lesson, My take
Tjchep
Sep 11 2008, 01:26 AM
GMC:er
Okay, again, nothing close to what muris did. And I have to admit that this was more of a challenge than I expected. Hate that little bend + tapping lick. All the runs are easy, but that sequence of double stop bends is a challenge, and I didn't quite nail it.

Quite alot of tiny timing issues too. But that should get fixed with a bit practice.

But yeah, give me some advice and mabye I'll do another take in a few weeks.

Attached File  Stevelukatherattempt_TJ.mp3 ( 763.26K ) Number of downloads: 298

tj

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Sep 11 2008, 01:27 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Sep 11 2008, 02:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I thought it sounded great!! Nice vibrato. Good job!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 11 2008, 02:35 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
That was really cool Tj smile.gif I like the sound of your bridge pickup.

There where a few very small issues with pitch on a few notes but I am speechless.

Great job! I just thought of a really fun idea. wink.gif I'll PM you to see what you think.

Cheers and keep rocking!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Sep 11 2008, 02:48 AM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Sep 11 2008, 02:35 AM) *
That was really cool Tj smile.gif I like the sound of your bridge pickup.

There where a few very small issues with pitch on a few notes but I am speechless.

Great job! I just thought of a really fun idea. wink.gif I'll PM you to see what you think.

Cheers and keep rocking!

Was neck pickup. tongue.gif, just alot of treble in preset. But yeah, a few too many issues with with pitch defiantly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 11 2008, 02:50 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Doooooh!!! laugh.gif

My bad. huh.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Sep 11 2008, 02:52 AM
I know, how can you not tell the difference! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 11 2008, 02:57 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
laugh.gif biggrin.gif Which ever one it was it sounded great! I really liked it tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Sep 16 2008, 05:53 PM
You never pm'ed me with your funny idea.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chmilew
Sep 16 2008, 06:04 PM
Sounds really nice TJ !
Good job biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Sep 16 2008, 06:55 PM
Always a pleasure to listen to your playing, Tjchep! laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 17 2008, 06:07 PM
You'r playing is great as always man wink.gif couldn't play it better myself..

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:52 PM