Kontakt Full Version
PosterBoy
Aug 21 2023, 08:39 AM
Learning Roadie
I've always steered away from these huge vst platform type applications in the past.

However there are so many libraries that use Kontakt and unfortunately a lot of the good ones need the full version not just the player.

Who here uses it frequently? When do they have a sale (I can already buy it at the crossgrade price)
Any good tutorials for it etc like for programming articulations when using a Strings library etc

Basically give me the low down!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 22 2023, 08:12 AM
GMC Founder
Well I have chosen to only stick with stock plugins of logic pro X (except for drums) - it seems that every time I go search for a new cool sound I find it in the logic synthesizers.

However I must admit I have never managed to get my orchestral sounds the way Piotr does it in his Winter Tune lessons.

And if I am not mistaken he uses Kontakt 😎👌

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Aug 22 2023, 07:08 PM
Instructor
You are not mistaken, Kris smile.gif
Most of the orchestral parts in my lessons are based on Kontakt sampler. Even factory libraries sound really good.

This post has been edited by Piotr Kaczor: Aug 22 2023, 07:08 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 23 2023, 11:19 AM
GMC:er
I do use the full version but only for basic instrumentation as such.

Is this of any help?

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Aug 23 2023, 02:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 23 2023, 11:19 AM) *

Is this of any help?

Very cool tutorial, my friend.
This Kontakt factory strings are very intuitive in use.
I also use Spitfire Audio Labs instruments - they sound fantastic and they are free! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 23 2023, 06:34 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 23 2023, 11:19 AM) *

Is this of any help?

Thanks Yes it is!

I'll be on the look out next time NI have a sale and pick it up and another external hard drive for libraries!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 26 2023, 03:01 PM
QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Aug 23 2023, 02:07 PM) *
Very cool tutorial, my friend.
This Kontakt factory strings are very intuitive in use.
I also use Spitfire Audio Labs instruments - they sound fantastic and they are free! smile.gif

I've got Spitfire too, there's some really great Libraries in there!!!

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 23 2023, 06:34 PM) *
Thanks Yes it is!

I'll be on the look out next time NI have a sale and pick it up and another external hard drive for libraries!

No worries!!! He has one on articulating the Brass section too!
An extra drive is almost essential, I have 146GB of Kontakt libraries alone!!!! ohmy.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 27 2023, 02:46 AM
I'm with Kris 100% smile.gif I use LOGIC X for pretty much everything as it comes with a HUGE library of sounds/instruments/samples/etc. which makes kontact sorta pointless. However, this is only for Mac folks as Logic won't run on windows.

Like Kris I do use plugins for drums. I do also use OVERLOUD for my guitar plugin as it's still the best one I've yet found and far better than the stock one in Logic imho. I do also use OZONE. But for pretty much all strings/synths/etc. There is so much built in to Logic that I've never needed much else. I used to own a full version of Kontact that came with the external hard drive. I eventually just stopped using it when I switched away from using guitar rig which came with it.

I realize this is of no help at all to windows users though. It is a good reason to think about using a mac for music production imho. I bought my m1 mac mini for $600 and now that the plugins I do use are "native", it runs great despite only having 8 GB of ram. Logic costs $200 and comes with so many of it's own instruments/samples/midi libraries/etc. that it saves thousands of dollars of expenditure.

Not to mention, it will now run on an iPad smile.gif

Here is a quick tour of some of logics built in software instruments.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 22 2023, 03:12 AM) *
I Well I have chosen to only stick with stock plugins of logic pro X (except for drums) - it seems that every time I go search for a new cool sound I find it in the logic synthesizers.

However I must admit I have never managed to get my orchestral sounds the way Piotr does it in his Winter Tune lessons.

And if I am not mistaken he uses Kontakt 😎👌

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 27 2023, 02:48 AM

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 29 2023, 02:25 PM
Learning Roadie
If I didn't need a multiple duty solution I would bite the bullet and go Mac but I couldn't afford a Mac and a windows pc for gaming!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Aug 31 2023, 01:12 PM
Instructor
I made a short demo with the Kontakt Factory Orchestra and BBC Symphony Discover which is completely FREE!

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/bbc-symphony-...hestra-discover

It is the same midi file played by these two virtual instruments.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Kontakt_Factory.mp3 ( 872.72K ) Number of downloads: 213
Attached File  BBC_Symphony_Discover.mp3 ( 805.43K ) Number of downloads: 165

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:31 PM