Guitar Broke !
Mrblomme
Oct 4 2007, 02:55 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ok I was at a friend's house and the piece thats on my SG (to put in the cable) wasn't well closed.
So he took somekind of thing to turn it on so it wont come off.

Now I come home and my guitar doesn't work, ( It keeps Zooming, but not if I push on the cable) I opened it and I think there's something wrong with the cables inside.

Could anyone say what's wrong?

Sry for my bad English lol.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mrblomme: Oct 4 2007, 02:58 AM

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Oct 4 2007, 03:08 AM
GMC:er
Ah I remember when our bassist tried to fix something in his bass right before a gig. After he "fixed" it, it stopped working. It turned out to be some of the cables inside was loose. I think you might have the same problem. I dont know exactly how to fix it though.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 4 2007, 03:09 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
A soldering that was pushed loose by your friends screwdriver.

And if he turned the entire jack I must say your friend isn't the most clever ph34r.gif

EDIT: I shouldn't judge your friend, but I do it anyway. Seriously, if one don't have clue keep hands off. In the hands of the wrong person a screw driver could be a lethal weapon. If I were you I'd ask hin to bring his screwdriver and come over and fix the wall socket.

This can be mended. Open the back of the guitar and watch the jack if a wire came off. If you need to remove the jack you loosen the nut inside and outside first. Solder the wire in place and put the jack back. tighten the nuts hard so it stays in place. (with "hard" I don't mean "full force too hard")

This post has been edited by MickeM: Oct 4 2007, 03:26 AM

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Oct 4 2007, 04:45 AM
The whole jack was idd turned.
But tomorrow there will be an elektrician at my home and i'll ask him to solder it smile.gif

I will let you guys know if it worked.

Thx anyways

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Oct 5 2007, 11:19 PM
Ok the elektrician soldered it and it works smile.gif

thx for the help guys wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 5 2007, 11:34 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Mrblomme @ Oct 6 2007, 12:19 AM) *
Ok the elektrician soldered it and it works smile.gif

thx for the help guys wink.gif

Glad to hear it works again smile.gif

Edit: corrected a typo

This post has been edited by MickeM: Oct 5 2007, 11:35 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:29 AM