Ez Drummer Connectivity Help
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 26 2009, 12:52 PM
GMC:er
How do you connect EZ Drummer to Sonar. I can do it in Ableton Live but in Sonar I have absolutely no idea how you can connect up a plugin.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 26 2009, 03:15 PM
Instructor
In most DAWs it's supposed to be attached on MIDI channel in output section,
not sure about Sonar tho.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 26 2009, 03:40 PM
Instructor
Did you specify the plug-in directory in VST plugins properties? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 26 2009, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Which Sonar version are you using?
Here's how I do it in Sonar 3...

If you installed EZDrummer as a vst, you need to use the Cakewalk vst Adapter. Select the folder where EZ vst is installed and convert it to DXI.

Then open a Sonar instance and click on your soft synth rack button where you'll be able to open your EZ drummer soft synth...

Attached Image

When you select your EZ Drummer, an option box should appear like shown underneath, make sure that Midi source track and Synth output is selected. That will automatically create your midi track assigned to the correct output:

Attached Image

Let me know if that helps!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 26 2009, 05:24 PM
Instructor
If you have Sonar 6 or 7, VST instruments are already registered. Go to menu "Views/Synth Rack", click "+" sign and find your EZ Drummer on the list. After you select it, it will appear in the rack. If you double click on it you will enter the EZ Drummer window. Now in your Midi track set your output to EZ Drummer and MIDI channel to 10. It should work like this.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 27 2009, 04:13 PM
GMC:er
I managed to fix this guys. biggrin.gif Now I just need to figure out how to use the thing to get a drum beat laugh.gif

I'm pretty useless biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 27 2009, 05:42 PM
Instructor
You'll figure it out Paul I'm sure.
I'd love to hear some sound clips of what you come up with! :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:55 PM