When Willt His End!
Enucleation
Mar 19 2009, 07:35 PM
GMC:er
How many posts have I made about this same crap now!?

If I knew of a drummer that would take his place he would be replaced in a heart beat!

We had our first show saturday and I must say it went great but almost all the mistakes were stupid! He sings a vocal part in one song so he had a mic at his drumset he freaking abused it! He sang in so many songs that he should not have, not to mention he didn't even know the lyrics so he just kinda belted out randomness. Something possessed him afdter our last song to say in them mic"they want one more" We all thought the same thing"WE DON'T FREAKING HAVE ANY MORE!". SO we left that show in an awkward fashion, because he wanted to play a cover of a song we don't know. This plus tempo trouble...

Now I just get the call that says he can't make practice today which probably isn't that big of a deal because we'd just be going over the same parts again and again because he can't keep the time. He's had at least 2-3 warnings to get his act together and he refuses to do it.

Next time I'm holding auditions!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Trond Vold
Mar 19 2009, 07:47 PM
Instructor
Ouch.. thats no fun at all sad.gif
But drummers will always mess things up biggrin.gif It's the unwritten law of band-physics.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Mar 19 2009, 07:53 PM
-.- Maybe so.

But maybe I'll be cool in about an hour but something really needs to be done. I don't know anyone who can replace him, metal isn't a very big scene here either. BUt they likes our first show and hopefully more people will be into us after our next one and I'm not below letting him dig his own grave and repalce him once we are known.

It sounds cold when I put it that way but he has been warned more than once.

--------------------
Gear
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
Line 6 Spider Valve
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 19 2009, 09:00 PM
Put a starving badger in his bass drum. next time he goes to play, he'll be in for a nasty surprise.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 19 2009, 09:09 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
well, I feel for you big time, I really do, in one year my band is on its 5th drummer! all previous have had time keeping issues (and I mean the playing kind) that we just couldnt accept. Fortunatly the most recent guy we have can actually keep very good time, its fingers crossed at the moment!

I hope you sort the issues out with him one way or the other, its pretty frustrating!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 19 2009, 09:14 PM
The last Rock Band I was in we were very lucky to have a guy drum for us who we ended up calling 'The Human Metronome'!!!! He was THAT good at straight 4/4 drumming, but we started writing some more progressive stuff and he couldn't play it!!! Strange, huh???

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Mar 19 2009, 09:50 PM
At least he could keep 4/4 >.>
I'm at the end of my rope. We are thinking about entering some Battles of Bands stuff but we'll be a mockery of all that is metal at this point

--------------------
Gear
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
Line 6 Spider Valve
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 19 2009, 10:18 PM
I was trying to find a video response on youtube for this. I realize that some might not see how this exactly addresses your particular issue, however, it was the best I could come up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cujri54RPKw...feature=related

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:16 AM