Modern Metal Industry, by Annihilator's JEFF WATERS!!
Slavenko Erazer
Feb 28 2013, 02:39 PM
GMC:er
Since there was a lot of talk about modern music and selling cd's blah, blah.. i would share this video by one of the most underrated guitarist in metal

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2013, 10:04 AM
Instructor
I like good solos for sure but, there are some styles of music and songs that just don't need one smile.gif

I mean, I am totally against the idea of playing a solo if it's not needed in a certain context just for playing a solo - wouldn't you agree?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 1 2013, 08:42 PM
GMC:er
I'd agree there smile.gif If a song doesn't need a solo don't add one, right? That said, when I hear a song and don't hear a solo, I can't help thinking something was missing. But that's just me. Some folks probably hear the same tune and think it was perfect. smile.gif
I'd be happy in many cases if the vocalist just stopped singing and the guitars took over. I suspect I'm biased though. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 2 2013, 02:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 1 2013, 07:42 PM) *
I'd agree there smile.gif If a song doesn't need a solo don't add one, right? That said, when I hear a song and don't hear a solo, I can't help thinking something was missing. But that's just me. Some folks probably hear the same tune and think it was perfect. smile.gif
I'd be happy in many cases if the vocalist just stopped singing and the guitars took over. I suspect I'm biased though. smile.gif

I was just like that until a some years ago, until I started liking to more instruments than just the guitar (I was more than obsessed laugh.gif ) somehow I am more inclined to what you can create in terms of a structure and orchestration rather than playing a solo sometimes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:10 AM