5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Designing My Website, Any suggestions?
JVM
Jul 8 2007, 10:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Aha! I use 1280x1024, that comes from a lifetime of gaming in hi-res tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 8 2007, 10:33 PM
Instructor
I updated the equipment page! Pics included smile.gif

JVM: i solved the resolution problem! It should be perfectly centered for you now! Thanks for the tip! I would have forgotten that if you didn't mention! I know a lot of people use high res today! But i have 17" monitor so i never think of high res users!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 8 2007, 10:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes, it looks great now biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 8 2007, 10:53 PM
Instructor
Also i wanted to ask those who visited my website - if you find any bug with preview or something please let me know here on forum!

I open the website with Mozilla Firefox and it works great. When i open it with Internet Explorer the Equipment page is all screwed up but all the others work perfect - and i don't know what's wrong!

So please - if you find something - let me know what browser you are using and what page contains the bug! smile.gif Thanks

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 8 2007, 11:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah I use Firefox, no problems that I can see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LanceB
Jul 8 2007, 11:55 PM
GMC:er
I'm currently in school for webdesign and use this site often when I only have one browser type to try:

http://browsershots.org/

It allows you to test multiple browsers on multiple operating systems.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 9 2007, 01:10 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 8 2007, 03:53 PM) *
Also i wanted to ask those who visited my website - if you find any bug with preview or something please let me know here on forum!

I open the website with Mozilla Firefox and it works great. When i open it with Internet Explorer the Equipment page is all screwed up but all the others work perfect - and i don't know what's wrong!

So please - if you find something - let me know what browser you are using and what page contains the bug! smile.gif Thanks

yeah. like you said, the Equipment page has some bugs. Im using Internet Explorer. The page actually stretches horzontally, just like when you have a very large sig (--->direction).

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jul 9 2007, 01:15 AM
I'm wondering how you make your own website? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 9 2007, 01:28 AM
Learning Roadie
I hate to be picky (really, its a curse) but is there any way you can do the bevel thing you do around the edges to the rips on the side? Cause they look much more flat than the other edges, so it looks a bit odd tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Jul 9 2007, 01:33 AM
Is it possible to create a free web site that is yours and not linked to another site dry.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 9 2007, 01:34 AM
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Jul 8 2007, 06:33 PM) *
Is it possible to create a free web site that is yours and not linked to another site dry.gif

yea, it is. I used to do stuff like that a long time ago, when i was really interested. But that was long time ago, i lost alot of knowledge about stuff like codes, etc. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Jul 9 2007, 01:35 AM
blink.gif could some1 xplain then plz

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 9 2007, 01:40 AM
Learning Roadie
I don't think you can without buying the URL at least - but I could be wrong.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LanceB
Jul 9 2007, 02:03 AM
Technically you could have a free web page.

First off you would have to have a personal server to host your files. Second you would need a domain name but unfortanently domain names are not free so if you were going to the complete free route your web address would be 94.266.26.245 or something similar.

Not awesome.com =(

This post has been edited by LanceB: Jul 9 2007, 02:04 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 9 2007, 02:06 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (LanceB @ Jul 8 2007, 07:03 PM) *
Technically you could have a free web page.

First off you would have to have a personal server (costing big $$$) to host your files. Second you would need a domain name but unfortanently domain names are not free so if you were going to the complete free route your web address would be 94.266.26.245 or something similar.

Not awesome.com =(

--------------------

+Quote Post
LanceB
Jul 9 2007, 02:26 AM
Well not exactly you could have an older computer running Microsoft's IIS but it wouldn't be too reliable. But hey if you are going to do it for free you have to cut corners biggrin.gif .

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 9 2007, 08:40 AM
Instructor
Internet Explorer sucks so badly it's unbelievable! He creates his own bugs for no reason!!! GRRRRRRRR

JVM: i tried the bevel on those edges the first time we talked about it and it doesn't look good. It's much better this way.

EDIT:

I fixed it! It now works nice in Internet Explorer! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jul 9 2007, 08:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 9 2007, 01:58 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 9 2007, 03:40 AM) *
Internet Explorer sucks so badly it's unbelievable! He creates his own bugs for no reason!!! GRRRRRRRR

JVM: i tried the bevel on those edges the first time we talked about it and it doesn't look good. It's much better this way.
EDIT:
I fixed it! It now works nice in Internet Explorer! smile.gif

Internet Explorer is horrible for writing websites for - its CSS is broken, and don't even get me started on its JavaScript and DOM ... Firefoex always just seems to work fine smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 9 2007, 02:01 PM
Instructor
I started to us Firefox only a month ago as before it i was using CrazyBrowser which is IE based.

Thank God i managed to fix website bugs so it works in IE also! smile.gif I know a lot of people still use IE so i have to keep it bug free!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jul 9 2007, 02:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 9 2007, 07:23 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 9 2007, 07:01 AM) *
I started to us Firefox only a month ago as before it i was using CrazyBrowser which is IE based.

Thank God i managed to fix website bugs so it works in IE also! smile.gif I know a lot of people still use IE so i have to keep it bug free!

great job Pavel! its looking great, and yes, the bugs are fixed now for IE! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:19 PM