New Game Of Thrones Finally
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2017, 05:36 AM
GMC:er
After waiting forever it seems, finally the new season of Game of Thrones started today here in the states. Looking forward to hopefully seeing the big battle they have been building to for years smile.gif The first ep was good. I was worried they might lose quality by now, but I dug it smile.gif Any body else have HBO or watching got as it happens this season?

Also watching a cool show on the FX channel ( cable channel here in the states) called THE STRAIN which is also quite spiff, sorta zombie show meets vampire action flick. Good stuff smile.gif

Anyone watching anything spiff?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 17 2017, 02:11 PM
I like both shows you mention. I'll add american gods which I started late (still haven't watched last 2-3 episodes), it has great production.

We don't have much anime lovers here but attack on titan session 2 is finally happening after a long wait.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 17 2017, 02:31 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 17 2017, 02:11 PM) *
I like both shows you mention. I'll add american gods which I started late (still haven't watched last 2-3 episodes), it has great production.

We don't have much anime lovers here but attack on titan session 2 is finally happening after a long wait.

I loved American Gods, was expecting some kind of action/fighting marvel thing, was completely wrong. Recommend it/

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 17 2017, 08:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
another vote for American Gods. Its one of my favourite books of all time and so far they have done a great job with the TV show. The first few episode were practically word for word with the book. Then they veered off a bit but it was really good.

Also, if you've never watched 'Archer' then your life is somewhat incomplete cool.gif Its on netflix uk so it must be on the US as well. Its hilarious.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 17 2017, 09:19 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 17 2017, 07:18 PM) *
another vote for American Gods. Its one of my favourite books of all time and so far they have done a great job with the TV show. The first few episode were practically word for word with the book. Then they veered off a bit but it was really good.

Also, if you've never watched 'Archer' then your life is somewhat incomplete cool.gif Its on netflix uk so it must be on the US as well. Its hilarious.

Ah yeah I watched many episodes or archer, I'll look into that biggrin.gif I can also add Rick and morty, there's an interesting depth to that show.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 18 2017, 04:13 PM
Instructor
Am I the only one who doesn't watch GOT? ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 18 2017, 04:21 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 18 2017, 04:13 PM) *

Yes. I think you might want to check a doctor as well! Because that's doesnt sound like a very healthy choice. laugh.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 19 2017, 01:24 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
So GoT is finally back? Good. Seems strange to watch the winter coming in summer though tongue.gif

I hope this season is better than the last, not that it was bad, but I found it subpar for my taste.
I take note of the other series you guys mention, I'm always on the look for new stuff to watch cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2017, 03:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 18 2017, 12:21 PM) *
Yes. I think you might want to check a doctor as well! Because that's doesnt sound like a very healthy choice. laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 22 2017, 04:13 AM
I think you might be the only one on earth smile.gif I would strongly suggest it. Some folks say " I wanna read the books first" which is fine, but honestly the show is now far off from where the books stopped. So it's a new thing. I'd suggest watching the show, then reading the books to get a deeper understanding while having the basics down. But to each his own smile.gif

Toddd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 18 2017, 11:13 AM) *

Well said!! Last season seemed like it was just prep for this season. There were some great moments like the BATTLE OF THE BASTARDS but so much of it was just "two shots" of people in a room or outside. I liked the big blow up of the sept by queen cirse. There were spots but this season looks to be much better after all it's the last season smile.gif It's cut in two parts. But so far we are off to a good start. The Dragon Queen has finally sailed the salt sea, and returned to her ancestral home which is a new set and looks great smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Fran @ Jul 19 2017, 08:24 AM) *
So GoT is finally back? Good. Seems strange to watch the winter coming in summer though tongue.gif

I hope this season is better than the last, not that it was bad, but I found it subpar for my taste.
I take note of the other series you guys mention, I'm always on the look for new stuff to watch cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Aug 3 2017, 06:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
I am watching.

I like it all south of the wall but I hate those zombies. Moving around without muscles.
Strange, I accept dragons, but not skeletons walking around getting killed by fire or an arrow.

Nikolaj (Jaime) and Pilou (Euron) are both Danish.
I love Nikolajs acting and I hate Pilous. Am I the only one? Maybe it is because I do not like Euron as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 3 2017, 08:38 PM
You are not alone smile.gif I don't like Plou either. I have not seen him in anything else so yeah it could just be that his character is an arrogant twirp. He is the bad guy so we are not supposed to like him much, if that is the goal it's working smile.gif Love Jamies acting though. He has aged quite a bit in the past couple of seasons it seems. Watch season 1 again and see if you even recognize him. I watched an old one and he looks like he is in his 20s, then he loses his hand and ages 20 years between seasons it seems.

Seems like they are doing more prep in recent episodes and saving big big dragon battle for later smile.gif I hope they don't make us wait til the las ep in the last season before we finally get to see "the Big fight" between whomever and whomever else. smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Aug 3 2017, 01:13 PM) *
I am watching.

I like it all south of the wall but I hate those zombies. Moving around without muscles.
Strange, I accept dragons, but not skeletons walking around getting killed by fire or an arrow.

Nikolaj (Jaime) and Pilou (Euron) are both Danish.
I love Nikolajs acting and I hate Pilous. Am I the only one? Maybe it is because I do not like Euron as well.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 21 2017, 09:41 PM
Although a lot happened, I didn't like this episode

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 21 2017, 09:59 PM
This season seems kind of rushed imo, I guess that mainly due to the less epis per season.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 28 2017, 03:45 AM
SEASON FINALE PEOPLE!!!!! smile.gif

*Spoiler Alert!: I'm the Night King! smile.gif

UPDATE:
WOW!!! Just watched the Season Finale and HOLY CRAP!!!!! WOW!! ALL IS REVEALED!! FINALLY!!! Been waiting years and finally they have done a really good season ender. The setup for the next and final season is awesome and now I can't stand it cause we gotta wait like a year or so to get new eps!!! AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 28 2017, 06:06 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:07 PM