> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Gary Moore meets Peter Green, Lesson By Guido Bungenstock
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

bleez
Nov 9 2015, 08:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Gary Moore meets Peter Green by Guido Bungenstock

Guido, if you happen to see this post,, you should totally consider doing a 'part two' kinda thing to this lesson, it's stunningly epic to both play and listen to :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 10 2015, 06:01 PM
Instructor
Hi Bleez!

I've been following your progress on this lesson at the mentoring program so you already know my thoughts about your great improvement on this. You worked on the weak parts and now the overall thing sounds consistent.

The next step is to keep this one on your diary practice and go deeper with details regarding bending, vibrato and dynamics. You could play along with the original lesson or compare each lick to notice slightly differences that makes Guido's playing more expressive and connected with the backing track. For example, check the bends at 00:15, compare both and you'll see what I mean.

Keep on the amazing work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 11 2015, 02:22 PM
Instructor
Ah it's great to see somebody tackling this lesson - no wonder that it takes a mighty Scot to step up and have a go!

First off, tone is perfect here. Your bending is also top notch with some tasteful and controlled vibrato.

The bending that occurs at 0:14, Guido manages to get two different intervals happening back to back there, whereas I think you play the same one twice? Try to get the same bend happening there 'cause it's magic if you get it.

I've no complaints about your technique - it's all good. As for what to work on next, I'd say to try and get the faster dynamic licks happening so they actually occur quicker. You're playing all the right notes but the quicker phrases need more snap to them. To get that, obviously play them quicker but it also requires you to perhaps delay the beginning of the phrase so that it doesn't finish too quickly due to the increased tempo. It's hard to describe but I hope you get what I mean. With blues phrasing, a lot of it is free time so it's all about choosing when to start the lick, how quick it goes and when it finishes.

So, by speeding up the middle of the lick it brings the end forward. But bringing the end forward may make the whole lick end too quickly so you may need to delay the beginning of it. That's the fun enigma of playing blues phrasing! It's trying to get the snap of fast licks in free time whilst still making it sound natural smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 11 2015, 04:21 PM
Instructor
Wow Bleez! You've really nailed the tone and touch of Gary here! Reminds me his tone from good old records! In this kind of playing it's hard to judge the timming since a part of magic here is the flowing timming and it does affect the emotions. Ben is trying to explain something that is a part of "how we feel" while playing and ultra hard to describe. I hope you get the point...at least your take shows that you're a type of player who understand such a typical for blues and goold old rock playing concepts. Maybe it's just a matter of slight poslishing...anyway your take in this for m is already a piece of great job! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Nov 13 2015, 08:27 AM

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Nov 12 2015, 07:29 PM
Instructor
Hi Bleez,
THX for covering my lesson! I think that's a good idea to make a 2nd part of this kind of style!
You're definitely on the right way with your playing, sounds really good!!!
The next step could be to make it a bit more smooth.
Speaking for myself it took me some years until all my licks, solos, etc just feel natural without even thing about any note. But then when you reach this new area it feels like your free and can do everything with feel and emotion (only technical difficulties are the limits then!!!)
For this lesson i just improvised a bit inspired by the great Gary Moore.

My nice collagues here already said evrything else! :-D

Keep rockin'!

This post has been edited by Guido Bungenstock: Nov 12 2015, 07:29 PM

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 16 2015, 07:31 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:16 PM