Dimebag Darrell Seymour Duncan Set, New Demo
Darius Wave
Apr 16 2014, 08:52 AM
Instructor

Enjoy!

BTW...I thought they will send me a pair of SH-1 but I was positively surprised when opened the package smile.gif

I'm not the "hype" kind of guy so I don't have to get Dimebag set to believe my guitar will sound good though... smile.gif)) But...after I've install those I can say it's pretty nice set for rockers. I will deliver a few different type of tones in other demos. I like to avoid assigning pickups to one particular purpose, so I'll try to show the "other side" as well smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
jstcrsn
Apr 16 2014, 11:27 AM
Learning Tone Master
what are your thought on that 59 bridge -used in the neck position

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 16 2014, 11:59 AM
Instructor
It sounds good ..it just have more output comparing to neck version. The idea was to keep signal level balance with the SH-13. I think it does the job. Also more valuable reference will be given with other types of tone in next demos smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 16 2014, 01:10 PM
GMC:er
Cool smile.gif it looks like something I'd like though I didn't listen Pantera much smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 16 2014, 01:35 PM
Instructor
Thanx Mert smile.gif Opposite in my case - always liked Pantera and listened to them a lot while being teenager smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 16 2014, 02:24 PM
Nice track Darius!! Shows what that set is capable of!! As mentioned, I would have been a bit skeptical of having a Bridge 59 in the neck but it sounds like they balance out perfectly! I'll be interested to see the next vids!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2014, 03:34 PM
Instructor
Awesome job man! Coming from a BIG Pantera fan biggrin.gif They have that deep gutural vibe! Love it!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 16 2014, 03:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
You already know my opinion from FB smile.gif Always I like your demo videos. Still obsesses me the solo part. Has something that I like very much wink.gif

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Apr 16 2014, 08:00 PM
Love the Dimebag vibe to those riffs, Darius! I'm considering an SH13 for my N4, seeing as it's really the final "evolution" of the Bill Lawrence blade pickups.

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2014, 05:11 AM
Now your speaking my language!!! THAT FREAKING RAWKS BIG TIME!!!! NICE!!! Starting around 53 seconds in I found myself tapping my foot and headbanging and reaching for my guitar!

The tone is pretty stellar as well. The harmonics create HUGE notes. NIce.

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 16 2014, 03:52 AM) *

Enjoy!

BTW...I thought they will send me a pair of SH-1 but I was positively surprised when opened the package smile.gif

I'm not the "hype" kind of guy so I don't have to get Dimebag set to believe my guitar will sound good though... smile.gif )) But...after I've install those I can say it's pretty nice set for rockers. I will deliver a few different type of tones in other demos. I like to avoid assigning pickups to one particular purpose, so I'll try to show the "other side" as well smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 17 2014, 12:07 AM) *
Now your speaking my language!!! THAT FREAKING RAWKS BIG TIME!!!! NICE!!! Starting around 53 seconds in I found myself tapping my foot and headbanging and reaching for my guitar!

Great structure here and I appreciate the purist approach of only guitar and zero vocal. But I gotta say, with a good vocalist on this, I can see it connecting to a lot of fans.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 17 2014, 06:03 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 17 2014, 08:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Apr 16 2014, 08:00 PM) *
Love the Dimebag vibe to those riffs, Darius! I'm considering an SH13 for my N4, seeing as it's really the final "evolution" of the Bill Lawrence blade pickups.

It's worth trying! I usually escape from that much high output type of pickups but somehow this one still keeps the clarity. Maybe the stainless stell rails has something to do with it (idea related on how stainless still brighten up the tone in case of strings)

Now about the neck pickup - I've tried on a few more amps. I think that Dimebag found a great solution to smoothen up the tone on a high gain type of amps, which have some extra amount of attack and treble. And it really works. But when I tried it on some regular british type, more dynamic amp, I missed a bit of that organic harmonics (call them however You like)...I call it little, hidden, pleasant "bells" adding the fulness in treble range - not the sharpness smile.gif

Todd - Thanx man! That's exactly how I feel about that type of metal - foot tapping biggrin.gif I think a few more years and young players will call it "vintage metal" smile.gif This is what I like most - heavy bu not very dense playing smile.gif

Cosmin - Count me to the list of Pantera fans biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 16 2014, 02:24 PM) *
Nice track Darius!! Shows what that set is capable of!! As mentioned, I would have been a bit skeptical of having a Bridge 59 in the neck but it sounds like they balance out perfectly! I'll be interested to see the next vids!
biggrin.gif

I would try to show it in different variations but...I'm afraid this will happen after quite some time. Just brought a brand new set of 12-54 for drop C# and like how it works with those pickups. Gotta have some fun now with this tuning before I'll change the strings for regular gauge smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 17 2014, 09:34 AM
Instructor
Here is additional playthrough:

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 17 2014, 11:00 AM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 17 2014, 07:43 AM) *
I would try to show it in different variations but...I'm afraid this will happen after quite some time. Just brought a brand new set of 12-54 for drop C# and like how it works with those pickups. Gotta have some fun now with this tuning before I'll change the strings for regular gauge smile.gif

That's fair enough Darius!! I'll still enjoy hearing any demo you post!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 18 2014, 10:22 AM
Instructor
Got two gigs with the Pantera tribute coming up in May and July at some festivals in Romania smile.gif Looking forward to rock out so, now that you have reminded me, I will practice some Pantera today, for certain! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 18 2014, 01:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 18 2014, 10:22 AM) *
Got two gigs with the Pantera tribute coming up in May and July at some festivals in Romania smile.gif Looking forward to rock out so, now that you have reminded me, I will practice some Pantera today, for certain! biggrin.gif

is that like an apple a day type thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 19 2014, 03:19 PM
Instructor
And another one just popped up on the 8th of May - we are doing the whole 'Far beyond driven' album as a tribute for its release 20 years ago!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 5 2014, 07:05 PM
Cool!! Share the vids from these smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 19 2014, 10:19 AM) *
And another one just popped up on the 8th of May - we are doing the whole 'Far beyond driven' album as a tribute for its release 20 years ago!

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 5 2014, 07:30 PM
That gate is setup TIGHT on this demo. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif Let it breathe just a little.

Jokes aside, loving the sounds though. Right up my ally as far as a higher gain tone goes. It's all about those guttural mid as someone said.

You really think those pickups are something special? Seems like it's more your playing making them sound so good.

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 17 2014, 08:34 AM) *
Here is additional playthrough:

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 5 2014, 11:17 PM
Instructor
Ha ha ha! Yeah...the gate was to eliminate the sound of strings between nut and tuners biggrin.gif I forgot to put some wrap around it wink.gif It was a quick demo (I mean the Cornford one smile.gif

To be honest I don't think they're that much speciall but there is that specyfic bite in the dimebucker that seems to add something I like to in company of lower tunings. But...personally I would never go for 59 bridge version on the neck position...It's to dry / raw for my taste smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2014, 10:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 5 2014, 06:05 PM) *
Cool!! Share the vids from these smile.gif

I am planning to get a GoPro mounted on my axe biggrin.gif I'll see how I can manage things wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:40 AM