New Guitar, I also need help! Respond as qickly as possible please!!&#
beebo
Mar 3 2007, 11:32 PM
GMC:er
Hi everyone I need ur help w/ picking out guitar!

I picked a B.C. Richie Revenge guitar 24fret w/ a white body out and thought I would love it but It's not for speed and not for me. Also the stupid guy who sold it to me said he could fix the buzzing and then after I bought it he said he couldn't! What an idiot! mad.gif

Well anyway laugh.gif If u can help me asap I need something built for speed, 24frets, not heavy metal sound, with a whammy bar (not Floyd Rose), and not a dollar more than $300! I hope u can give me a good answer! p.s. would like something close to Slash's sound but not a Gibson too expensive for me unless they have on tell me

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stijntjen
Mar 4 2007, 11:24 AM
Get an ibanez rg 170 dx (why do i recommend my guitar to everyone ??? tongue.gif )
has whammy, 24 frets, low action and a GREAT neck it might be the best to get for under 300 $. It also has 2 humbuckers so you get a fatter sound.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
beebo
Mar 5 2007, 12:10 AM
Ok thanks, Is your Ilbanez good for speed. I've got the chords,riffs, and some leads down and now I want to concentrate on my speed. Oh yea what do you mean it has low action not too much feedback?
Also 1 last thing wat do you mean by humbuckers what exactly do you mean by u get a fatter sound? huh.gif
Is the gutiar easy to find

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 5 2007, 01:05 AM
Humbucker is a type of pickups/microphones that gives a fat/heavy sound. feedback is noise I guess?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

+Quote Post
Stijntjen
Mar 5 2007, 03:35 PM
I'm not really the most experienced guitarist but I can move around the fretboard much faster with that rg then with my strat copy. its just fun to play.
the neck is completely different shaped then on a strat.
low action means that the strings are close to the fretboard. normally you can adjust this but I don't have any idea how I would do this on my ibanez without moving the entire bridge up or down.
If feedback is noise than you won't have that. with my strat i have a very irritating buzzing sound that i get from the pickups when not playing, none of that with my ibanez.
well humbuckers are a typ of pickups that where originaly built to get rid of the humming that you get from single coils (like on a strat).
it just gets a more rock kind of sound its hard to explain. Just so you know Les pauls also have humbuckers, so slash uses them to.
Here it was easy to find but i have no idea how this will be where you buy your stuff. It'll probably be quiet easy to find because its not exactly an expensive high-end model.

+Quote Post
Molgan
Mar 5 2007, 03:59 PM
QUOTE (beboo @ Mar 4 2007, 02:32 AM) *
Hi everyone I need ur help w/ picking out guitar!

I picked a B.C. Richie Revenge guitar 24fret w/ a white body out and thought I would love it but It's not for speed and not for me. Also the stupid guy who sold it to me said he could fix the buzzing and then after I bought it he said he couldn't! What an idiot! mad.gif

Well anyway laugh.gif If u can help me asap I need something built for speed, 24frets, not heavy metal sound, with a whammy bar (not Floyd Rose), and not a dollar more than $300! I hope u can give me a good answer! p.s. would like something close to Slash's sound but not a Gibson too expensive for me unless they have on tell me

On a humbucker guitar you can throw in how much distirtion as you want and it probobly won't make any noise (also depends on the quality of the pickups). On a strat with standard pickups you can't really do that, there will be to much noise. However there are strats with noiseless pickups, but you still won't get the same tone as from humbuckers. Humbuckers have a fatter, warmer tone with more bass.

If you want Slash sound you maybe should check out a Epiphone Les paul, they are not to expensive. But Les pauls are not built for speed, but they have a very fat tone and thats typical for Slash. If you want a guitar built for speed an Ibanez is probably a good choice.

This post has been edited by Molgan: Mar 5 2007, 04:03 PM

+Quote Post
beebo
Mar 5 2007, 10:47 PM
Ok thanks for all the help everyone. I'll use your help to get a better guitar! I thought music people want to help but to me they are big losers who don't no anything but there are a few good kind in this world but I was unlucky! Thanks laugh.gif

+Quote Post
stratman33
Mar 18 2007, 01:45 AM
i agree with molgan.im getting a les paul, and i know its not built for speed.it looks sweet and has a really nice tone to it.you should get an epiphone if you want it cheaper.gibson is way more expensive than epiphone.you should try one out.if thats not for you, than get the ibanez for your speed play. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 18 2007, 01:52 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
If you want to play fast, Ibanez is a great choice, Wizard Necks are awesome.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Mar 18 2007, 05:46 PM
any ibanezs without floyd rose but with a whammy ?

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:15 AM