In A Rut
sigma7
Nov 25 2009, 09:47 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC, I am stuck. Not with my learning abilities but with my solo compositions. I recently started a metal band at college and I am lead guitar. I got a solo in a song we just created but I can't finish it. Every time I have a lick of sorts, I throw it out as garbage because I feel like its nothing spectacular. Obviously, if I feel like my solos are generic, they are. I know I just need some inspiration or something to work off of. Can you terll me what inspires your solos. What do you do to write one?

-Alex

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Kizaze44
Nov 25 2009, 10:19 PM
GMC:er
I find that my best solos come when I'm not thinking so much. Like Happy Gilmore - find your "happy place" and it'll happen. Maybe solo over the progression without the pressure of "I have to compose a solo now" and just jam with the tune strictly for fun.

Kiz

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:28 PM