> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Carlos Ferreira's Thread, for Gab's Army
Carlos Ferreira
Aug 28 2018, 08:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
1 About Analysis:
Hello Gabriel!
I already checked and I do not know what's wrong: /
In the main riff, the first part has no associated chord, it is "N.C", we play separate notes right?
Do not have an analysis done by you so I can use as an example?
I already did some harmonious analysis but this type of analysis never did!
If I'm giving you too much trouble just tell me ...
Thank you!

2. About AP
Okay, I'm going to keep working hard until it's all right.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Carlos Ferreira: Aug 28 2018, 08:44 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2018, 02:39 PM
Instructor
Hi Carlos, that tble looks great! I'll send you some examples via PM in some minutes. Check it out!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Aug 29 2018, 02:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sem Título by Carlos Ferreira, no Flickr

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Aug 29 2018, 04:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel!
I did the analysis on a table as you requested!
As I said, I do not know what mistakes I made, I hope you correct me!

I pasted an image with the tab of the main riff. In this part of the riff we only play single notes, and the other instruments play the same notes so I think this is usually classified as "N.C" - No Chord, am I correct?
Thank you!

This post has been edited by Carlos Ferreira: Aug 29 2018, 04:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2018, 04:11 PM
Instructor
That's perfect Carlos, the table looks great and now the grade issue is fixed! This is exactly what you need to do with many songs in order to have a good knowledge of the elements used.

Once you've done this with aroung 10/20 songs you can summarize the concepts in these three first topics.

- Tonalities & Scales used.

- Rhythms & techniques used.

- Song structure & arrangements.

And finally apply some of them to compose a song.

Task: Composing a song combining the elements learnt.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Aug 29 2018, 07:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello again Gabriel!
Sorry, I did not make any correction, I just copied to the table what I had already done and added the arrangment.
Okay, I'm going to analyze more songs.
If you can send me some analysis then I am very grateful!
Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Aug 30 2018, 02:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel!
How are you?
Here is the review of the first song I posted in the rec program, Nightwish Style by Ben Higgins.
Ben puts in the legends much of the information facilitating a bit of work.
Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2018, 04:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Carlos Ferreira @ Aug 29 2018, 03:07 PM) *
Hello again Gabriel!
Sorry, I did not make any correction, I just copied to the table what I had already done and added the arrangment.
Okay, I'm going to analyze more songs.
If you can send me some analysis then I am very grateful!
Thank you!

I think that I've read the grades wrong because from what I remember there was an error in the first post but now I can't find it so everything is perfect! Don't worry. Unfortunately I only have analysis done in Spanish but I'll send them by the way.

QUOTE (Carlos Ferreira @ Aug 30 2018, 10:40 AM) *
Hello Gabriel!
How are you?
Here is the review of the first song I posted in the rec program, Nightwish Style by Ben Higgins.
Ben puts in the legends much of the information facilitating a bit of work.
Thank you!

That's fantastic mate! It's exactly what I recommend doing and what I do with my private students. Great job.

It's a great idea to use GMC lessons for this analysis. Then, you can apply this same idea to full songs, but please keep on working on GMC lessons so you can be sure about theory and technique details.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Aug 30 2018, 11:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel!
Here is the video of the improvisation course using another backing track!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2018, 10:47 PM
Instructor
Hi Carlos, great video!!

You are doing a killer job here at the mentoring thread mate. I can see how you are more familar with the major scale now, and close to the end of the video, everything starts to sound much more musical now. This is a neverending process, but I think that you are ready to start with Week #2 which adds Pentatonic major scale shapes, sequences, and then combines the previous concepts with the new ones.

You can use all the backings that you've been using or add a few new ones.

I would also like to add this lesson, to work on major triads and combine this with Major, and Pentatonic major scales: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ed-with-triads/

Deal? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Sep 4 2018, 04:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel!
Deal, of course;)
Thanks for your comment, I'm really giving it my best every day.
I really want to achieve my goals as soon as possible. This program is being very good and motivating for me. I'm counting on you to keep me on the right path.
Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 5 2018, 07:30 PM
Instructor
I'm so happy of reading this Carlos. You are doing a killer job here, keep going!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Sep 7 2018, 11:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel!
Here is the class you told me to study related to the improvisation course!
I am also practicing the other classes that appear there in the course as a complement!
Here are some videos.
Soon I'll post one to improvise!
Thank you very much for the book on analysis! I'm reading the Spanish version, Portugal is right next to Spain and there are a lot of similar words;) I'm still at the beginning, I'm reading, taking notes and doing the exercises there!

Have a good weekend wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2018, 11:33 PM
Instructor
Hello Carlos!! Thanks for the videos!! smile.gif

Everything sounds great here. All these stuff is related to major scales, major pentatonic and triads so it's a good idea to work even on the suggested lessons provided. All the videos sound perfect and there is nothing to fix.

Looking forward your improvisation!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Sep 17 2018, 02:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel!
Here is the analysis of your music Venom Style!
I have some doubts and I hope you can help me!
Thank you!

Composer: Gabriel Leopardi
Song Name: Venom Style
Tempo: 140 BPM
Time Signature: 4/4

Doubts:
First riff/Intro:
In part 1, all chords come from the F # Phrygian scale right? Only the C5 chord is coming from the F # Locrian scale right?
It was for this reason that I analyzed the E5 chord as bvii, as this is a minor chord in F # Phrygian!

Verse:
In this section the G # 5 chord appears. This chord is diminished in the minor harmonic and minor natural scale and for that reason I analyzed as being grade ii of the minor melodic scale but could also be the ii grade of the larger scale, functioning as a modal loan chord.
I'm not sure if it's okay to look at it this way. I know that the old school musicians did not think much in theoretical terms when they created their songs!
I'm asking all these questions because I really like the sound of some black metal bands (Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth) and I wanted to realize what's behind these harmonies!

Coda:
In this section I have analyzed the last chord as Em7 (11) but I think that here it works more as a sound effect than a chord itself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2018, 09:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Carlos! Great analysis here!!

This type of music usually combines different scales, mostly minor ones, being Phrygian and Locrian the most used. Harmonic minor and minor aeolian are also very used. In many cases (as it happens with the final chord) the chords appear to give an effect as you've said, and the explanation is usually related to modal interchange (do you know this concept?).

The use of bII (Phrygian), bV (Locrian) is used all the time so there are different ways to explain the same thing. The way you've analysed this is correct, and it's not very relevant to know all the ways this can be explained, the secret here is that you get the idea of combining these grades in your chord progressions in order to get this vibe in your music. Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Sep 17 2018, 09:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel!
Yes, I know the concept. Yes, it makes perfect sense! I'm loving this kind of analysis, this is really very useful! I'm really enjoying the book you sent me, thank you so much for it, there's a great thing there!
Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2018, 03:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Carlos Ferreira @ Sep 17 2018, 05:37 PM) *
Hello Gabriel!
Yes, I know the concept. Yes, it makes perfect sense! I'm loving this kind of analysis, this is really very useful! I'm really enjoying the book you sent me, thank you so much for it, there's a great thing there!
Thank you!

Yeah! That book is a treassure! Enjoy it mate. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Sep 20 2018, 09:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel!
The video of the last lesson suggested in the improvisation course 2nd week!
Now I'm going to start improvising! I will use the licks that I liked the most about my classes that were doing and try to make variations!
The AP exercises, sweeping and legato are not forgotten! I have worked on them every day but it is not easy to reach the desired speed sad.gif
Cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 20 2018, 10:25 PM
Instructor
Hi Carlos, great job with this one as well!! Now it's time to start improvising your own ideas and variations of the things that you've been learning. I'm very curious to hear how all this work has impacted in your playing.

Looking forward your videos!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:29 AM