Realized Something Odd...
The Uncreator
Aug 23 2012, 11:54 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
This actually seemed weird and almost surreal to me but, I have been listening to some bands a lot longer than I ever really thought. I have Blind Guardian's discography on spin for a few days since I've seen Marcus pop in and out of here, and I made it up to A Night At The Opera and it was the first blind guardian album I bought, looked at the release date of 2002 and realized I bought it when I was 12 laugh.gif

Iron Maiden/ Sabbath/ Dio/ Priest - 12 years

Blind Guardian / Iced Earth / Nightwish - 11 years

I'm only 22, so when I realized that more than or just equal to half my life has been spent in the company of these amazing bands, it was weird, but incredibly awesome.

BTW, I bought "A Night At The Opera" because in Camelot (then to become FYE, now out of business) under new releases the album had a sticker that said "The most musically significant band since Iron Maiden". Had being obsessed with maiden for about a year at the point, I was sold! laugh.gif

Still to this day that sticker is true for me, BG is the only band that can even begin to rival my love for Iron Maiden cool.gif So props to Marcus if he sees this.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:29 AM