https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/lig-test/s-5lkeF

@Gab/Cosmin
4 Guitar Tracks - 2 High / 2 Low (100/70) Just like in the video Gab
2 Bass - One clean one slightly dirty Panned 20 L/R
2 Leads - Panned 40 L/R
Drums - The devils instrument! laugh.gif

@Socky42
Lol, you definitely are looking at the same guy I am. cool.gif

Hey mate, the timing is definitely better smile.gif Can't actually complain about anything in respect to that and the tone is better as well. Let's see what Gabi has to add here wink.gif

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jul 5 2014, 02:44 PM) *
https://soundcloud.com/socky42/test-1

Working on a new cover song for youtube cause it's summer and I have nothing better to do. laugh.gif

It's the first time i've tried triple tracking lead guitars (just the verse and chorus); 1 center, left and right. I assume that's what he did in the video too. Normally I record just the harmonies, this time around I recorded the lead guitar three times all the way through.

EZDrummer 2 sounds amazing btw, can't believe this is the default kit.

How does the mix and the solo at 1:53 sound? Didn't want to do a shreddy solo like in the video and I don't really like covering songs exactly like the original, so I went for some phrasing stuff instead; not sure if it sounds out of time or not at some parts.

Hey mate! I wanted to congratulate you on your very melodic and fresh phrases! Very nice and that solo has good timing in my opinion! I would suggest you to watch out for the timing of the phrase beginning at about 02:24 - that's where your timing is shaky. Otherwise, I like the tone and you have some very nice and interesting ideas and good direction in your soloing! If you fix the timing there, it's all nice and good!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 7 2014, 02:03 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 7 2014, 07:43 AM) *
If you fix the timing there, it's all nice and good!

https://soundcloud.com/socky42/timing-solo

Thanks for taking the time to listen man, how's this?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2014, 04:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jul 7 2014, 10:03 AM) *

Hi mate! Congrats on this and the previous recordings! Your guitar playing is very good on both, this last one has a tighter timing so you could improve it. The improvised section is interesting but it needs some more practice to sound as tight and polished as the other parts of the song.
It would be very good for your playing to take those parts and practice them, because those licks are your pure personality expressing. That's what you have to continue developing.

Your guitar tone sounds good, I like the trick of recording many guitars, it sounds modern and fresh. This is very subjective, but I would experiment a bit more with EQ to make your guitar sound deeper, with more "body", closer to the guitar sounding on the video you shared. It sounds like more professional, and less "by line", like more real. Do you note it?

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jul 5 2014, 12:41 PM) *
https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/lig-test/s-5lkeF

@Gab/Cosmin
4 Guitar Tracks - 2 High / 2 Low (100/70) Just like in the video Gab
2 Bass - One clean one slightly dirty Panned 20 L/R
2 Leads - Panned 40 L/R
Drums - The devils instrument! laugh.gif

@Socky42
Lol, you definitely are looking at the same guy I am. cool.gif

Hi mate! Did you delete the audio from soundcloud?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 7 2014, 04:46 PM
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jul 5 2014, 10:44 AM) *

You get a 12 out of 10 on this one from me man. That's quite the setup you have - wish my jam-room looked like that!

This post has been edited by Spock: Jul 7 2014, 04:47 PM

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 7 2014, 05:34 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 7 2014, 11:05 AM) *
Hi mate! Did you delete the audio from soundcloud?

Weird, the script doesn't work but the link does.

Edit:
https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/let-it-go-02-remake

I spent my afternoon working with a Marshall AFD #2 amp. Hope the timing is there this time. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: Jul 8 2014, 12:12 AM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2014, 04:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jul 7 2014, 01:34 PM) *
Weird, the script doesn't work but the link does.

Edit:
https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/let-it-go-02-remake

I spent my afternoon working with a Marshall AFD #2 amp. Hope the timing is there this time. laugh.gif

Hi mate! Timing is not bad but there is some room for making it sound tighter. The problem appears when you play melodies with palm muting so that's what you should isolate and practice over metronome. Create a loop with those 4 notes of each phrase and work on it.

About the tone, I like it. Here in my home it seems to be needing some high frequencies around 3000 Hz to make it sound brighter, but not too much. Also, try making some wholes with you an EQ aroung 800 hz / 1000 hz, it could improve but I'm not sure, just try it and let me know.

Keep on rocking. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 8 2014, 03:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jul 7 2014, 01:03 PM) *

I totally agree with Gabi smile.gif It is better, but it could be even better wink.gif Plus, I love the composition and it is very personal indeed.

Try this drill:

- pick up the parts which you find the most difficult
- slow them down and practice with a metronome until you are perfectly confident on the shape, articulation elements and timing
- gradually raise the speed until you reach the original one
- implement them back into the context and there you are wink.gif

Have you already tried this?

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 9 2014, 09:40 AM
https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/let-it-go-03-remake

Definitely liking the Marshall sound for this. A bit different EQ'd re did the mute parts. Also learned you can turn the drums up and guitars down, I really feel like a noob. laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2014, 04:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jul 9 2014, 05:40 AM) *
https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/let-it-go-03-remake

Definitely liking the Marshall sound for this. A bit different EQ'd re did the mute parts. Also learned you can turn the drums up and guitars down, I really feel like a noob. laugh.gif

Hi mate! This new version sounds much more balanced than the previous one. If you compare both tracks you will notice that the previous one sounded like "saturated", now this disappeared and your track sounds clear and balanced. I feel that guitars are not lacking just a bit of treble but we are now reaching the taste details.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jul 10 2014, 02:19 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2014, 06:30 PM
Instructor
I think it's definitely a thing related to taste, because I for one don't feel the need for more treble biggrin.gif Well, each to his own and since Gabi brought you this far with tones, he is definitely stating the right things!

In my opinion, this sounds a bit like Slash smile.gif Maybe it's the composition as well, but, the tone in combination with what you are playing takes my mind to some of Slash's most recent compositions! Good work!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 9 2014, 09:19 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 9 2014, 11:45 AM) *
Hi mate! This new version sounds much more balanced than the previous one. If you compare both tracks you will notice that the previous one sounded like "saturated", not this disappeared and your track sounds clear and balanced. I feel that guitars are not lacking just a bit of treble but we are now reaching the taste details.

I think the timing helped a lot with the clear part, kicking the beat well over the guitar so it dominated helped a lot. And Cosmin's tip in another thread, tapping of foot, that helped a ton!

I like the big wide open sound that I got. Most other amps I tried I think would require work as this was pretty much out of the box. Other than I asked Ben for his settings on his Marshall I think that helped a bit also.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 9 2014, 01:30 PM) *
I think it's definitely a thing related to taste, because I for one don't feel the need for more treble biggrin.gif Well, each to his own and since Gabi brought you this far with tones, he is definitely stating the right things!

In my opinion, this sounds a bit like Slash smile.gif Maybe it's the composition as well, but, the tone in combination with what you are playing takes my mind to some of Slash's most recent compositions! Good work!

Drum Roll Please! I used a Marshall AFD #2 amp. Which is spot on with your comment. laugh.gif

What I may do is since I have 4 tracks 2 are full range and 2 are low/mids. I may take the low/mids and change the LPF from 2500hz to something a bit higher up.

Up next, get a lead tone to match.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2014, 07:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jul 9 2014, 08:19 PM) *
I think the timing helped a lot with the clear part, kicking the beat well over the guitar so it dominated helped a lot. And Cosmin's tip in another thread, tapping of foot, that helped a ton!

I like the big wide open sound that I got. Most other amps I tried I think would require work as this was pretty much out of the box. Other than I asked Ben for his settings on his Marshall I think that helped a bit also.

Drum Roll Please! I used a Marshall AFD #2 amp. Which is spot on with your comment. laugh.gif

What I may do is since I have 4 tracks 2 are full range and 2 are low/mids. I may take the low/mids and change the LPF from 2500hz to something a bit higher up.

Up next, get a lead tone to match.

Hehe! I am also happy that my ears are not deceiving me smile.gif Well, I heard some single notes in your take that would make for a good lead tone already - would you consider working on this one and boosting some of the frequencies to get a nice lead tone? I think Gabi can help with this, as he knows his parameters well!

On another note, I'm also happy you are using the foot tapping technique smile.gif I for one can't play without my foot automatically kicking in biggrin.gif It's one of the greatest methods of developing and strengthening your internal clock!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 10 2014, 07:34 AM

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 10 2014, 11:05 AM
https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/let-it-go-01-lead-remake

The intro that sounds like lead is actually just the rhythm tones.

So I took the settings which are. Low - 8 o'clock , Mid 8 o'clock , Treb 10 o'clock and adjusted slightly to Low - 9 , Mid - 10 , Treb - 10 and added a slight reverb.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 10 2014, 02:29 PM
Instructor
The lead guitar is sounding really good! Once again I would add a bit of mids and treble to make it bright more in the mix, it should stand out more in the mix and I think that it could work adjusting a bit the EQ. The sound has good sustain so the drive used is enough for me. Try it and let me know!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 11 2014, 12:32 AM
https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/let-it-go-04-remake

I know the taps/sweeping is bad. After playing something like 7 hours today my fingers just didn't want to work with anything fast. But just wanted to see a glimpse of how everything would sound in the end.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2014, 10:57 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! It sounds nice, rich and creamy! Just like a good rock lead tone should be! You know what smile.gif Now that you have established your 'voice', why not take a day's break and then the other day start working on recording and arranging the details. Make each little bend and vibrato matter smile.gif What do you say?

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 11 2014, 11:08 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 11 2014, 05:57 AM) *
Hey mate! It sounds nice, rich and creamy! Just like a good rock lead tone should be! You know what smile.gif Now that you have established your 'voice', why not take a day's break and then the other day start working on recording and arranging the details. Make each little bend and vibrato matter smile.gif What do you say?

A break does sound nice, considering the last 3 weeks I bet I averaged in 3 hours a day with working and 6 when off. This will give my fingers to recover and not be so fatigued! Then get up tomorrow morning and enjoy a day of working on the lead lines! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 11 2014, 03:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jul 10 2014, 08:32 PM) *
https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/let-it-go-04-remake

I know the taps/sweeping is bad. After playing something like 7 hours today my fingers just didn't want to work with anything fast. But just wanted to see a glimpse of how everything would sound in the end.

It's sounding very good man! Now the lead guitar stands out from the mix, good job! I'm with Cosmin with this one, you just need to let your ears and mind rest from this one a bit and get back to work on details.

Keep on the good job! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 12 2014, 05:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 11 2014, 02:21 PM) *
It's sounding very good man! Now the lead guitar stands out from the mix, good job! I'm with Cosmin with this one, you just need to let your ears and mind rest from this one a bit and get back to work on details.

Keep on the good job! wink.gif

I usually have great surprises after spending a lot of time working on something and then having a little, but little break smile.gif A day, maybe, as I said. I currently had this sort of surprise, while learning the solo for Alter Bridge's 'Open your eyes'. I have to record it tomorrow, for a PRS review of the PRS Tremonti model and I was a bit bummed because I couldn't play the solo at full speed properly articulated and clean, but after pushing it at about 95% of the speed and taking a break yesterday, guess what - today I managed 100 % 3 times in a row, relaxed smile.gif So, breaks should be regarded as a very useful thing - use one wisely wink.gif and let us know how it feels smile.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 17 2014, 10:07 PM
I didn't forget about you all! smile.gif

Not thrilled with this video, my first one was way better, just I had a smudge on the lens that I didn't know and well that just upset me. So I cleaned it re-did the video it's good, but I know it can be way better. I know the sweeping is kinda bad as its super hard to do it that slow, I may increase the speed when I do it for soundcloud as I will just go go go and then lay the track on the spot instead of in a long single take. Tapping is off as well, I need to get the feel of a single, double, double, single, tap with each drum hit. But I just felt the need to post up so you guys didn't think i gave up. This has been an extremely great experience it makes me loving to pick up the guitar more and more.

Also taking that day of did wonders, I just didn't listen or play this song just did some noodling and exercises instead. Great idea I must say.

But anyways,

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:06 PM