3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Fender Or Gibson?
ZakkWylde
Feb 21 2008, 11:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
Gibson all the way
-Les Paul, Sg, Flying V, Explorer, Thunderbird <<< all Gibson Inventions

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 21 2008, 11:57 PM
GMC:er
Fender, no doubt.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
at lights end
Feb 22 2008, 12:02 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 21 2008, 04:16 AM) *
Real men play les pauls WITH 50'S style necks. Telecasters are nice, not as, but still nice. A guitar needs some bulk to be a manly guitar. Ibanez, Jackson, Hello Kitty Strats, those are girlie man guitars.

so you're calling ibanez and jackson transvestite guitars?

QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 21 2008, 10:08 AM) *
+ i have a jackson which is ofcourse owned by fender wink.gif

well in that case i say fender, as i have a strat copy and half a jackson.

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 22 2008, 02:14 AM
QUOTE (at lights end @ Feb 21 2008, 05:02 PM) *
so you're calling ibanez and jackson transvestite guitars?

Haha laugh.gif

Wow, I didn't know that I was gay ohmy.gif Is there any way to cure it, BESIDES getting a Gipson tongue.gif

Yeah, I like Fender more.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
sam47
Feb 22 2008, 02:20 AM
FENDER FENDER FENDER FENDER FENDER FENDER FENDER FENDER

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 22 2008, 02:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
Well I own a 1983 japanese Strat, and a 2003 Gibson SG Deluxe. IMO, the Gibson plays better, and feels virtually weightless on me, but you gotta love the strat clean smile.gif Im gonna have to say Gibson though biggrin.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
swingline
Feb 22 2008, 02:25 AM
QUOTE (at lights end @ Feb 21 2008, 03:02 PM) *

I wouldn't say that just because you like Jackson you should say Fender, I dislike Fender and I own a Jackson. Its sort of like you don't have to like Hersey's with almonds just because you like the regular Hersey's bar. (Bad Analogy)

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
glazmusik
Feb 22 2008, 03:49 AM
Gibson all the way.

Gibson guitars are not only incredible sounds, but they're detailed works of craftsmanship. Fenders were designed to be made quickly and cheaply.

Pick up any Strat or Tele and play some licks on it. You might get a nice Texas sound, I admit (which is one I use the one that I have for), but pick up a Les Paul after that, and the tonal difference will blow you away. smile.gif

--------------------
"Nothing in this world worth having comes easily."

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 22 2008, 04:42 AM
QUOTE (glazmusik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:49 AM) *
Gibson all the way.

Gibson guitars are not only incredible sounds, but they're detailed works of craftsmanship. Fenders were designed to be made quickly and cheaply.

Pick up any Strat or Tele and play some licks on it. You might get a nice Texas sound, I admit (which is one I use the one that I have for), but pick up a Les Paul after that, and the tonal difference will blow you away. smile.gif

Yea, pick up a Les Paul only after picking up an extra $3000 first lol. That is one thing I like about Fender, you aren't buying the name, you are buying a device that creates music. And huge names in rock use Fenders (SRV, Jimi Hendrix, Iron Maiden, etc.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
RyanS.
Feb 22 2008, 05:00 AM
BOTH!! I have both and they are two different beast. I play the Les Paul more.

+Quote Post
Rodnator
Feb 22 2008, 09:01 PM
Both, I grew up with one knock off after another. Once I could afford it I managed to grab a perfect specimen of each. A Les Paul Standard "Raw Power" edition with 2 big fat black EMGS, that will peel the paint off the walls. And a American Deluxe Fender Strat HSS. They both look Stunning and play like a dream. I go back and forth all the time. Can't decide, Love 'em both

--------------------
Electric Guitars : Gibson Les Paul Standard "Raw Power", Fender American Deluxe HSS QMT Stratocaster
Acoustic Guitars : Ovation 1771 LX Balladeer
Effects : Digitech Jammer Looper, Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory, Boss DD-3 delay, Keeley Modded Boss DS-1, Keeley Modded TS-808 Tube Screamer, Keeley compressor, Dunlop CryBaby Wah.
Amps : 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 50 watt Head (all original unmodified Electronics, Complete cosmetic restoration) It is the "Tone of the Gods" 1982 Marshall 1960a JCM 800 4x12 Slant Cabinet

+Quote Post
glazmusik
Feb 22 2008, 09:18 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Feb 21 2008, 10:42 PM) *
Yea, pick up a Les Paul only after picking up an extra $3000 first lol. That is one thing I like about Fender, you aren't buying the name, you are buying a device that creates music. And huge names in rock use Fenders (SRV, Jimi Hendrix, Iron Maiden, etc.)

If you're paying an extra $3000 for a Gibson, I want to know where you're shopping.

I'll admit that a Gibson is more expensive, but not that much more. And hey, you get what you pay for wink.gif

Yeah, SRV used a Fender, but for a twangy, single-coil, Texas sound. Fender worked for Hendrix, too, but he also played several Gibsons, particularly the Flying V. Loads of people have used Gibsons as well: Page, Angus Young, and I can't remember B.B. playing anything but.

--------------------
"Nothing in this world worth having comes easily."

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 24 2008, 08:29 AM
I like the way they both play and sound, but they both have models that look too generic for me.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 24 2008, 01:25 PM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Feb 21 2008, 08:14 PM) *
Haha laugh.gif

Wow, I didn't know that I was gay ohmy.gif Is there any way to cure it, BESIDES getting a Gipson tongue.gif

Yeah, I like Fender more.

Exactly. 2 reasons i wont play a gibson les paul; i already have enough back pain and im not rich.
i own a jackson, so i guess im a girlie man. oh well.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:30 AM