I Need Some Opinions On This Guitar..
Jmguitar64
Jul 11 2008, 04:01 AM
GMC:er
Hello, I've been playing guitar for about a year and a half now and i think its time to upgrade.
I currently own a Ibanez rg 321 mh. Its a great guitar but I bought it used and the person before me really screwed up the paint job( and got a grass stain on the neck huh.gif)

So I've been looking for a replacement guitar for awhile now that is good for shredding and all that good stuff. I really like Ibanez guitars because of the 24 fret necks and the're just plain good guitars so i really would like to stick with them but lately I've been looking at the Schecter C-1 classic which looks amazing and has a 24 fret neck( which i like). the only problem I have with it is that i havent played it myself and all the guitar stores around here dont have one in stock. I'm not sure if it plays fast like an Ibanez. And if the Vine-of-life inlay will make finding frets confusing ..I was wondering if anyone here has played it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Jul 11 2008, 04:09 AM
Had one...great guitar....stupid vines wrecked it...very confusing to play....sold it.....pass.

Dont shy away from schecter, They make great guitars for the money.

If it were me id go for Ibanez but thats just me...can anyone say rg770dx reissue.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Jul 11 2008, 04:19 AM
Yeah, I would go with a bigger.. badder RG. My teacher has a PGM, that might be what you are looking for. I think it's around the same price as the Schecter you were looking at, and it plays similar to a Jem. They are pretty under-rated as well. I doesn't hurt to look for some older guitars on Ebay either...

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jul 11 2008, 10:49 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Schecter have some nice guitars, but I would not recoomend to get a guitar that you have never ever played yourself.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Jul 11 2008, 01:12 PM
If you liked the Ibanez rg 321 mh, I recommend the Ibanez RGA321.

Link

Better pick-ups, AMAZING neck (imo), just note you can get it cheaper than the above link.
But yeah, always try out the guitar first.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 11 2008, 01:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
If you can manage to get a limited rg550 reissue, you'll have the best ibanez for arround 1000$ you can get. Edge 1 tremolo (the best Ibanez trem) and the thinnest neck ever (wizard 1 is 1mm thinner than todays necks:18mm). All you'll have to do is replace the stock Ibanez dimarzio's (they are in every prestige ibanez and they suck worse than hell). I have a 550 reissue loaded with and Evolution in the bridge and a Paf Joe in the Neck and it's a shredding monster!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Jmguitar64
Jul 12 2008, 05:24 AM
QUOTE (Déjà vu @ Jul 10 2008, 07:19 PM) *
Yeah, I would go with a bigger.. badder RG. My teacher has a PGM, that might be what you are looking for. I think it's around the same price as the Schecter you were looking at, and it plays similar to a Jem. They are pretty under-rated as well. I doesn't hurt to look for some older guitars on Ebay either...

I looked up that guitar and it looks great and I'm sure it plays great too but I'm not sure if I'm spending all that money for the guitar or for the fact that paul gilbert plays one that (looks the same).

thanx for the suggestion though.

Thanx for all the advise! this helped a ton. I think I'm going to check out some stores around here and try out some guitars and get an idea of what i want or at least get a feel for what the different models play like.

Rock on! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Xose Pineda
Jul 13 2008, 03:15 AM
QUOTE (Jmguitar64 @ Jul 12 2008, 06:24 AM) *
I looked up that guitar and it looks great and I'm sure it plays great too but I'm not sure if I'm spending all that money for the guitar or for the fact that paul gilbert plays one that (looks the same).

thanx for the suggestion though.

Thanx for all the advise! this helped a ton. I think I'm going to check out some stores around here and try out some guitars and get an idea of what i want or at least get a feel for what the different models play like.

Rock on! cool.gif

Good luck and best wishes mate.

--------------------

xosepineda

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 13 2008, 03:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
The schecter guitars are very good and versatile guitars - at least that's my experience. I used to play a Schecter at a school I went to for one year. Though we mostly played funk and pop and soft rock.

But of course, the best advice is to go and try some guitars out - don't make your choice on the very day of the try out. Go try a few and think about it - unless there's one that's just THE ONE guitar. smile.gif

My two cents.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 13 2008, 03:18 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I like Ibanez but I LOVE Jackson guitars

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Jmguitar64
Jul 13 2008, 03:47 AM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 12 2008, 06:18 PM) *
I like Ibanez but I LOVE Jackson guitars

yea I have to say Jackson makes some very unique guitars. I'll be sure to try some out

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 13 2008, 03:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Jmguitar64 @ Jul 12 2008, 09:47 PM) *
yea I have to say Jackson makes some very unique guitars. I'll be sure to try some out

You cant go wrong with a Jackson specifically a Jackson Kelly or a Jackson RR24

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 13 2008, 10:10 AM
Schecters are excellent guitars, made in Germany.
They used to be a costum shop, so the quality is surprisingly high, even for their low price products.
They are primarily metal guitars.
I'd say go for it - after you've tried it at a guitar centre. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 13 2008, 04:29 PM
I really like RGs and Stratocasters smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:58 PM