Double Disaster
TheOldOnes
Sep 3 2009, 03:58 PM
GMC:er
The other day I put aside my main guitar (ESP MH400NT) leaning up against my computer desk beside my guitar rack which was holding my scalloped ephiphone. I have done this hundreds of times but in the back of my mind, I have always thought that I might be pushing it and should buy another rack or put it away.

Well the inevitable happened - it fell over and when I picked it up, I was pretty shocked - the high e-string has broke (not so bad) but I saw that a 6 cm long section of the fret board lining had broken off and their was a huge chunk taken out of the 12th fret. I sat there for a long time staring at it but I couldn't figure out how the fret board could have been wrecked like that!

The next day, I got back on the horse and started to play around with my scalloped guitar only to realize what had happened the day before - my ESP had fallen over and clipped the tuning screw of the low E string bending it so badly that the only tuning regime I have been able to do for that guitar is drop Dflat (not sure it that is correct name but its like Drop D but a half step lower).

For the ESP, I was able to snap in the plastic liner piece (but I am thinking of taking it out and glueing it back on). The problem is there is a fairly large gap between the liner and fret that I may have problems with catching my fingers but I will have to wait to see if it is a problem - any ideas on what I can use to fill it if need be?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:58 AM