> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 4: Dynamics Control, Lesson By Diego Budicin
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Timmez
Nov 17 2016, 03:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Dynamics Control by Diego Budicin

Hello guys, here i am again, i practiced a lot on the dynamics and teh faster licks. i think this video is a lot better then the other ones. thanks in advanced. greetz Tim

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=57496
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=57526
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=57580

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2016, 04:46 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

Yes, this video is better than the previous ones, it shows improvements in both elements, but there is still much work to do. You need to continue polishing your dynamics, the pitch of your bends, but what's even more notorious is a hand sync issue that appears when playing fast passages.

For this picking issue, the best is to work on small blocks instead of the whole lesson, and you can also complement it with some other exercises or lessons specially designed for mastering picking.

Don't miss this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...Picking-Basics/, and the other Alternate Picking workouts by Darius and Ben which are very good.

Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 21 2016, 02:31 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim!

Visible improvements are definitely at the field of overall intonation, less wrong notes and better hand sync. I would second Gab's advice on separating faster parts and practise them more than rest of the lesson. Also there is one more thing - you need to make more experiments with picking direction, pick grip and angle. Your current hand mechanics will not allow you to skip to visibly higher level. When something doesn't work, sometimes we need to make step back to be able to make two steps forward. Repeating all over again without adjusting hand mechanics can make you practise particular lesson a lot without day to night difference. You can't expect things to improve dramatically just because you spend a lot of time playing it. The true profit of pracise starts to be visible when your practise in wise and conscious. If you keep practising the same way, you will get only slighlty visible improvements. If you really want to handle this lesson you will need to prepare yourself for a few huge changes in the way you practise. That's something natural and it happens to many of us. At some point we need to fix our previous way of playing ,to be able to develope it to another level. That's your time now to highly focus on what's going on with your right hand and hand sync. If you need any detailed help, send me a message - I'\ll try to help as best as I can

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 21 2016, 03:28 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim, this is definitely the best version of this lesson because your overall approach is more controlled. The timing is better and the synchronisation between your hands is improving.

The definite weakness is the lack of strength and dexterity in your fretting hand because it's not so smooth at shifting positions between frets. When you slide to another note it often sounds awkward and the note has this strange effect, where the tone almost dips out for a moment.

If you can build up the strength and independence in your fretting hand it will make a massive difference. Alternate picking routines can help too but I would also add some legato only routines to really force those fingers to sort themselves out.

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 23 2016, 10:19 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 12:15 AM