> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Jimi Frusciante Collaboration
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 11 2011, 08:04 AM
Instructor
Hello Guys! This is the final mix and the feedback for your takes!! Thanks a lot for joining my Collab! You uploaded amazing takes! biggrin.gif

Final Mix: Attached File  Jimi_Frusciante_Collab_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 5.45MB ) Number of downloads: 227

Dreamforge:
Your take is beautiful. The tone sounds just perfect... great EQ, warm feel, and enough sustain… good job with it! Your phrasing is also really interesting. You start with few long notes in the first phrases and then in the second part you play more short notes… this creates a nice evolution of the idea. Your bends are perfect s well as your timing. I would do stronger vibratos in some parts… but it’s just a matter of taste.. it’s a very good tke. Well done!!

Fortinero:
It’s cool tat you finally could join one of my collabs man! I like the feeling of your playing. You decided to use a clean sound ans it’s a good choice for a Frusciante style collab. Your first phrases remember me a bit to Mark Knopfler by Dire Straits. There are some moments where you have little timing issues. Pay attention to it. You used some notes that aren’t part of the chords to repose… this gives the solo a special sound.. more exotic in some moments… if this was the idea, you did it great.. if not, analyse it.
Thanks for your nice take!

Guitarrero:
Hey man! First of all! Always remember to post an mp3 with the mix of solo and backing to make me easier to synchronize the take. You enter a nice take… I can note a californication feel in your melodies. Your solo is fun to listen and I think that one of the resons are the different time figures that you used for each phrase. The tone sound good. Regarding the technique I think that you could pick the notes with more strength to make it sound clear… even more in the faster part.

JamesT:
Hey man!! Hendrix is yogur friend! smile.gif You started with that lovely Jimi’s melody! It made me listen to the solo in loop many times! Hahah… you captured Jimi’s feel on your solo,,, I love your tone, the melodies, the feeling, everything is perfect for me to this backing. Congrats!

K1R:
Hi friend! I enjoyed your take. The melodies evolve in a good way and every new idea as a connection wite te previous… so I think you componed an intelligent solo… Your tone sound cool, I like the delay that you added. It makes sound your guitar bigger. Regarding your tecnique.. it’s ok, I can note some very little details to fix in your bends and timing but it’s isn’t something serious. Thanks for your take! wink.gif

Ulrik:
I must say that I fing your tones weird on this one… it’s cool that you are experimenting and that you used 3 setting in the same solos but I’m not 100% convenced of the sound… however I can’t give you more feedback without knowing what you used to record. By the way I like wat you are playing… your melodies are very fresh and everyting is played perfectly and with a very cool feel. I can note Frusciante spirit in your solo! Every note has sense at every moment. Good job friend!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DreamForge
Aug 11 2011, 12:04 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 11 2011, 07:04 AM) *
Hello Guys! This is the final mix and the feedback for your takes!! Thanks a lot for joining my Collab! You uploaded amazing takes! biggrin.gif

Final Mix: Attached File  Jimi_Frusciante_Collab_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 5.45MB ) Number of downloads: 227

Dreamforge:
Your take is beautiful. The tone sounds just perfect... great EQ, warm feel, and enough sustain… good job with it! Your phrasing is also really interesting. You start with few long notes in the first phrases and then in the second part you play more short notes… this creates a nice evolution of the idea. Your bends are perfect s well as your timing. I would do stronger vibratos in some parts… but it’s just a matter of taste.. it’s a very good tke. Well done!!

i figure out that i should use a bit delay to make my tone perfect for me smile.gif thanks for the advices great job looking forward to "next" collab wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
K1R
Aug 11 2011, 12:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great takes everyone smile.gif Thanks for the feedback, Gabriel smile.gif

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 13 2011, 12:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DreamForge @ Aug 11 2011, 08:04 AM) *
i figure out that i should use a bit delay to make my tone perfect for me smile.gif thanks for the advices great job looking forward to "next" collab wink.gif

QUOTE (K1R @ Aug 11 2011, 08:17 AM) *
Great takes everyone smile.gif Thanks for the feedback, Gabriel smile.gif

thanks to you guys for being part! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JamesT
Aug 13 2011, 01:08 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Thanks Gabriel! It was lots of fun.

Great takes everyone. cool.gif

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 21 2011, 08:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Aug 12 2011, 09:08 PM) *
Thanks Gabriel! It was lots of fun.

Great takes everyone. cool.gif

Thanks you for joining! biggrin.gif I started a new collab called Horror Movie Collab! Check it out! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 21 2011, 03:16 PM
Instructor
Awesome collab, great takes, and great comments! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 21 2011, 03:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 21 2011, 11:16 AM) *
Awesome collab, great takes, and great comments! smile.gif

Thanks Ivan!! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JamesT
Aug 23 2011, 05:43 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 21 2011, 12:15 AM) *
Thanks you for joining! biggrin.gif I started a new collab called Horror Movie Collab! Check it out! smile.gif

I'm working on the Rob Zombie lesson now. Very interesting tune. I'm hoping to get a feel for the backing before attempting my own take.

It's going to be a challenge switching between D minor and D phrygian. I think I can find all the notes. smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 23 2011, 07:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Aug 23 2011, 01:43 AM) *
I'm working on the Rob Zombie lesson now. Very interesting tune. I'm hoping to get a feel for the backing before attempting my own take.

It's going to be a challenge switching between D minor and D phrygian. I think I can find all the notes. smile.gif

yes, it's difficult but if you trust in your ears you'll get a nice take! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:59 AM