2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Omg This Song!
VinceG
Feb 8 2009, 08:12 PM
GMC:er
ehh its not bad. There writing abilities reminds me a little bit of Shai Hulud (later work). Metalcore as a whole is still a meh to me because of the writing composition parts. Sometimes its like Shai Hulud, other times its Killswitch, or the main stuff at the moment, At The Gates. I myself is pretty much getting sick of things being re-hashed. Its one of the main reasons why I haven't listen to any Death/Thrash/Black in about 3 weeks (voluntarily) because all the new bands that I thought where so great just turns out to nothing but litter the genre with same old same old. Honestly, I would give every rising band a fair shot of my time, but if they don't dedicate anything new to the genre or my ears for that matter like Misery Signal, then I cant help but discard it.

All this stuff about finding musicality in everything is a cheap shot for every musician alike. Sure, take every music in, but having an opinion on hating it also shows that musicians have there own taste on how music should be played. Being an elitist isn't a bad thing. People just choose to discard bands if they don't bring anything special to the table. Why should I give Misery Signal another shot if I can get the same thing out of Shai Hulud?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Feb 8 2009, 08:17 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Feb 8 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Being an elitist isn't a bad thing. People just choose to discard bands if they don't bring anything special to the table. Why should I give Misery Signal another shot if I can get the same thing out of Shai Hulud?

No, being an elitist is a bad thing. Even if you don't like something you don't have to let the entire world know.

I know it's hard, I tend to have some elitist sides of myself, but at least I hate it when I do that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 8 2009, 08:25 PM
hah, Ive always just viewed "elitism" as having a strong taste in music. I know a lot of people like that, but spewing it everywhere I think is a different story. If people view elitism on the same level as Fsgdjv, then yes elitism is bad.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Feb 8 2009, 08:29 PM
this band is awesome dude. I think I missed the name of them, what are they called again? I really like them

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 8 2009, 08:47 PM
Misery Signal is the name. It confuses me from Misery Index.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
Feb 8 2009, 11:17 PM
I say elitism IS a really bad thing!
But what i meant was like this post saying "People actually listen to metalcore?" (i know u apolgized tongue.gif )
Like saying it without really listen to it...
Especially this song IS ADVANCED SONGWRITING.

@g-forcelover

Yeah!! I cant stop listening to them! Their name is Miserey Signals

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:15 AM