How To Use Vst Metal Tones
steiner666
Mar 20 2008, 11:36 PM
GMC:er
I am currently in between amps and using a Line6 Toneport GX to get by with. I have heard a lot of people mentioning this Wagner VST so I downloaded it as well as the recommended Voxengo Boogex to help "shape" the tone. I have Fruity Loops as well as Sonar and I sort of understand how the VST plugins work, but not completely. I was wondering if there's anyone out there with experience along these lines that could give me some advice on how to set up these plugins that I've downloaded. Also, is there a way use them for regular playing, or is there latency that makes them only suitable for recording purposes and not monitoring? Could I use them to replace the line 6 tones is basically what I want to know, because I still can't find one that I really like, even with the Metal Shop model pack...

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 21 2008, 06:13 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (steiner666 @ Mar 20 2008, 11:36 PM) *
I am currently in between amps and using a Line6 Toneport GX to get by with. I have heard a lot of people mentioning this Wagner VST so I downloaded it as well as the recommended Voxengo Boogex to help "shape" the tone. I have Fruity Loops as well as Sonar and I sort of understand how the VST plugins work, but not completely. I was wondering if there's anyone out there with experience along these lines that could give me some advice on how to set up these plugins that I've downloaded. Also, is there a way use them for regular playing, or is there latency that makes them only suitable for recording purposes and not monitoring? Could I use them to replace the line 6 tones is basically what I want to know, because I still can't find one that I really like, even with the Metal Shop model pack...

Thanks

just one thinf...for other wait for guitar players:) Latency is some thing that evolves around your sound card...the better the sound card the smaller the latency...smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 21 2008, 08:58 AM
Instructor
About the VSTs: just see my Recording lesson (here in my signature). I explain with pics how to use them with your Fruity loops studio smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 21 2008, 12:21 PM
Instructor
You can for example start the plugin you like in your vst DAW host, and then you can record it.
I don't think you will have latency issues with Toneport since it is a relatively fast soundcard for its price since it can do 96kHz sampling conversion "in a go".

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:40 PM